Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Sister Coming!! (Rifftrax Suggestions?)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Sister Coming!! (Rifftrax Suggestions?) Empty Sister Coming!! (Rifftrax Suggestions?)

Post  Paeter March 7th 2014, 6:08 pm

SOOOO excited that my sister (who is living in Africa right now) is coming to visit for a week! I'll be a bit off-grid though, which means from now until the 20th I won't be a predictable presence here. But will try to check in when I can!

In the meantime, she and I plan to watch at least one geek movie franchise with Rifftrax. Last time it was Twilight, which I think will be hard to beat. Any suggestions?

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Sister Coming!! (Rifftrax Suggestions?) Empty Re: Sister Coming!! (Rifftrax Suggestions?)

Post  tmorrill March 8th 2014, 3:05 am

How about the 2 new Star Trek movies?

That or see if they did the original Planet of the Apes and the two newer ones!

Get your sticking Rifftrax off me, you dirty audio file!
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Sister Coming!! (Rifftrax Suggestions?) Empty Re: Sister Coming!! (Rifftrax Suggestions?)

Post  Drew.Rub March 8th 2014, 8:05 am

Rifftack the original Robocop series!!!
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman March 9th 2014, 8:47 pm

Not a franchise... but my favorite Rifftrax to date is a little gem called "Troll 2".

There are no trolls.
    It's not really a sequel...

But even my wife who usually doesn't like this sort of thing, loved this riff-film!

And the Star Wars prequels are pretty good!

I find myself not liking riffs of movie I really like. So I want's keen on the LotR riffs.
    I did like the matrix riffs (especially of the last two films) but I'm not as keen of them as you are.
    (There is one line in Matrix Revelations that I still laugh out loud every time I think about it.)
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy March 10th 2014, 9:21 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:Not a franchise... but my favorite Rifftrax to date is a little gem called "Troll 2".

There are no trolls.
    It's not really a sequel...

Oh, man!  Troll 2 is a great one!

Manos: Hands of Fate is a great one, too, though I believe there is a MST3K episode on that one.

Finally, check out a great comedy that makes fun of those cheesy old sci-fi/horror movies... The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra. This one wouldn't need a Rifftrack really.

Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 19th 2014, 9:18 am

Awesome ideas! Looks like we're set for the next THREE times she comes to visit! This time around we watched Rifftrax for the Star Wars Prequels.

Maybe it was the Rifftrax, maybe it was the passing of time, but man... these movies are terrible. I may need to change my mind about Ep3 being my favorite movie of the entire franchise. It wins lots of points for being as dark as it is, and presumably because of Spielberg's help behind the scenes the acting is improved over Eps 1&2. But the writing is still terrible. And in all three films the CG is terrible (it looked obvious even at release, but now it just looks cheap), the blue screens are often worse and the acting is flat as a pancake. All that without even mentioning Jar-Jar or "Nooooooooo!"

And here's where I'm gonna catch a lot of crap, but I really don't think I'll enjoy the original trilogy at all anymore either. In this film franchise the concepts are always so much better than the execution. I'd rather just play Knights Of The Old Republic again. Maybe even give KOTOR 2 a second chance.

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy March 19th 2014, 2:17 pm

Paeter wrote:
    And here's where I'm gonna catch a lot of crap, but I really don't think I'll enjoy the original trilogy at all anymore either. In this film franchise the concepts are always so much better than the execution. I'd rather just play Knights Of The Old Republic again. Maybe even give KOTOR 2 a second chance.
     affraid I don't even know how to respond to this. I am personally offended by this comment. Wink

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub March 19th 2014, 4:31 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
     affraid I don't even know how to respond to this.  I am personally offended by this comment.  Wink

You respond by forcing Paeter to hand in some of his geek cred.

hand it over, bub.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 5:00 am