Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+5
mindspike
tmorrill
Nathan James Norman
WhiteBoy
Rickster
9 posters

Capt. America vs Batman and superman

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Capt. America vs Batman and superman Empty Capt. America vs Batman and superman

Post  Rickster March 13th 2014, 4:45 pm

So Marvel just announced the Date for Capt. America 3 May 6th 2016 the same day the Batman vs Superman movies is coming out. So unless one of them blinks and moves their movie to a different date we'll have the ultimate DC vs Marvel battle at the Box Office
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Capt. America vs Batman and superman Empty Re: Capt. America vs Batman and superman

Post  WhiteBoy March 13th 2014, 4:56 pm

Surely one of them will move. I don't think either side wants that. It'd be like Ross Perot entering the election. (At least with the movies we *could* vote for both.) Smile

Capt. America vs Batman and superman Empty Re: Capt. America vs Batman and superman

Post  Rickster March 13th 2014, 6:50 pm

Its going to be interesting to see who blinks first batman vs superman has already been pushed back once. my guess both will look at how Winter Solider preforms at the BO before deciding which will get the spot
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy March 14th 2014, 9:39 am

I'm not sure who's more excited about Winter Soldier: me or the kids! Smile

Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman March 14th 2014, 9:46 am

Rickster wrote:Its going to be interesting to see who blinks first batman vs superman has already been pushed back once. my guess both will look at how Winter Solider preforms at the BO before deciding which will get the spot

i think this might me Marvel's first major misstep.

Maybe Captain America can beat Superman at the box office.

But Superman AND Batman (AND Wonder Women)?!

I think they're rather overconfident!
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill March 14th 2014, 6:48 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:
    Maybe Captain America can beat Superman at the box office.

But Superman AND Batman (AND Wonder Women)?!

I think they're rather overconfident!

It'll depend on how well Winter Soldier and the other MCU movies do between now and then. If they're a bit better than the current MCU I think they'll have the momentum to carry the day with casual movie goers.

After all DC doesn't exactly have the best live action movies.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike March 17th 2014, 11:22 am

tmorrill wrote:After all DC doesn't exactly have the best live action movies.

Let's be honest, after you brush off the box-office shiny and big budget effects, most of the live DC movies seem to have been written by either a three-year-old or the clinically depressed. And just to be clear, I'm saying that every movie since Christopher Reeve's 1978 debut as Superman has been either pedantically silly or obsessed with its own descent into depravity. Eye candy? Sure. Good movies? Sadly not.

Make mine Marvel.

WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy March 17th 2014, 2:40 pm

mindspike wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:After all DC doesn't exactly have the best live action movies.

Let's be honest, after you brush off the box-office shiny and big budget effects, most of the live DC movies seem to have been written by either a three-year-old or the clinically depressed. And just to be clear, I'm saying that every movie since Christopher Reeve's 1978 debut as Superman has been either pedantically silly or obsessed with its own descent into depravity. Eye candy? Sure. Good movies? Sadly not.

Make mine Marvel.
    I admit I have a preference for the Marvel movies, but the Nolan Batman movies were some of my favorite movies of all time.  So for me it's something like:

1. Dark Knight
    2. Avengers
    3. Captain America
    4. Batman Begins
    5. Iron Man
    6. Iron Man 3
    7. Iron Man 2
    8. Dark Knight Rises
    9. ------ kind of a big gap ------
    10. Thor (haven't seen the second one yet...I know -1 geek cred)
    11. Man of Steel
    12. Green Lantern
    13. Hulk 2
    14. Hulk

Post  Rickster March 17th 2014, 2:43 pm

I need to see Dark Knight again I've only seen it once and wasn't that impressed with it
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings March 17th 2014, 10:16 pm

The Nolan Batman movies were extremely well done, and Man of Steel was movie-going heaven for me, so I think DC have been doing very well lately.
    Also, it seems that I'm the only one who enjoyed the Green Lantern movie. Perhaps because I came into it with pretty much no knowledge of the character.

That said Marvel have also done some very impressive things lately with The Avengers and related films. I absolutely love the way they tied it all together so nicely.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike March 18th 2014, 1:01 pm

Adam, I'm glad that you are able to enjoy the Nolan Batman films and the Snyder Superman film. I agree that they are technically and visually very well done. Let's part company there.

I did enjoy the Green Lantern movie. I thought it was visually entertaining and light enough in tone to make for casual watching. I'm more than willing to overlook the gaping story flaws in this one and just enjoy it for what it is. It makes me sad that our chances for a sequel are slim to none.

As for Thor 2 ... it is my favorite Marvel movie to date. No movie is without sin, but the Marvel movies have swept me along on a tide of true heroism that makes me overlook them gladly. Excelsior!

WhiteBoy

Post  WhiteBoy March 18th 2014, 4:26 pm

AdamCollings wrote:The Nolan Batman movies were extremely well done, and Man of Steel was movie-going heaven for me, so I think DC have been doing very well lately.
    Also, it seems that I'm the only one who enjoyed the Green Lantern movie. Perhaps because I came into it with pretty much no knowledge of the character.

That said Marvel have also done some very impressive things lately with The Avengers and related films. I absolutely love the way they tied it all together so nicely.

Your reply made me realize how my post may have come across. To be clear, I have enjoyed ALL of the movies I listed; even to the point that I think I own them all. (Except the Hulk movies, though I did enjoy them OK.) I have defended the Green Lantern movie to many people, pointing out its merits. I was just ranking the recent superhero movies I've seen.

Thor 2 is definitely on my to-watch list, but your comment, Mindspike, makes me think I just need to go buy it instead of renting it first which was my plan.

Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 19th 2014, 10:15 am

WhiteBoy wrote:

Thor 2 is definitely on my to-watch list, but your comment, Mindspike, makes me think I just need to go buy it instead of renting it first which was my plan.

If you've found your tastes to often line up with Mindspikes before, by all means buy it. Otherwise, I'd urge you to rent first. Visuals were great, but for me the numerous "jokes" fell painfully flat and I still have no idea why Thor and Jane are a "couple" or why I should care that they remain together. That relationship is as shallow and uninteresting as it gets for me.
    So it's all going to depend on your tastes.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 27th 2014, 9:13 pm

If they keep their dates, Captain America is going to get trounced. People have been waiting decades for a Superman/Batman film, and we already will have two Cap movies at that point, so curiosity leans toward Bats/Supes as well.
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf April 3rd 2014, 8:15 pm

Paeter wrote:...and I still have no idea why Thor and Jane are a "couple" or why I should care that they remain together. That relationship is as shallow and uninteresting as it gets for me.
    So it's all going to depend on your tastes.
    I hear you, Paeter, and the sad thing is that I thought they actually had good chemistry in the first one. Jane wasn't a character this time out, just a lifeless, Natalie Portman mannequin supporting her blonde male lead as he sullenly dealt with his...family problems and his mother's death...and...
    OH NO!!!! Shocked  It's Thor 2: Attack of the Clones! affraid 
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 4th 2014, 9:44 am

[quote="Dunadwarf"]
    Paeter wrote: Jane wasn't a character this time out, just a lifeless, Natalie Portman mannequin supporting her blonde male lead as he sullenly dealt with his...family problems and his mother's death...and...
    OH NO!!!! Shocked  It's Thor 2: Attack of the Clones! affraid 

lol!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 4:55 pm