Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

I need to hire an artist

mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

I need to hire an artist Empty I need to hire an artist

Post  mindspike March 24th 2014, 4:53 pm

I'm prepping to launch a Kickstarter for an RPG book. I need artwork for the monsters and other opponents in the fantasy and sci-fi genres. I'm going to wind up buying it from someone....

I'm looking at about 150 1/4 page illustrations and maybe 6 full page illustrations in pencil and ink. The book will be 6x9 format. Illustrations do not need to be exclusive to this project. If you already sell art through sites like DriveThruRPG or others, send me a link!

I'm asking for bids on the whole project, but I'll consider bids placed on only a portion of the project as well. If you're interested, I like your art, and I can afford your bid I'd like to pay for two or three pieces up front for use during the Kickstarter funding period. The rest of the commission would begin at the conclusion of the funding period. My delivery date is in August, so I would need completed artwork by the end of July. I'm offering 50% of the bid at the start of the job, and the balance on completion. I'm asking for bids on Royalty-Free use of the artwork.

If you are interested, contact me by IM on this forum or send an email to winstonc@criticalpressmedia.com

Here is a link to the Kickstarter preview, still under construction. Also, any tips or feedback on the pitch page would be greatly appreciated!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1910926153/341277934?token=b010155f

Thanks!

WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

I need to hire an artist Empty Re: I need to hire an artist

Post  WhiteBoy March 25th 2014, 1:47 pm

If you don't find anyone here, I think a crowdsourcing site like 99 Designs would be of use to you.

Basically the way a site like this works is 1) you describe what you're looking for (probably initially just what you need for the Kickstarter) and how much you're willing to pay, 2) people submit their ideas, 3) collaborate. You give public feedback as to what you like and what you don't like, 4) people submit revisions or new ideas based on your feedback, 5) you choose the winner and that's the one whom you pay.

Then once you get past the initial Kickstarter project, just deal directly with the artist you chose, not going through the site.

Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike March 25th 2014, 6:31 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 1:06 am