Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

A Happy Day In The Life Of A Gamer(Who Needs PS2 Backwards Compatibility?)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

A Happy Day In The Life Of A Gamer(Who Needs PS2 Backwards Compatibility?) Empty A Happy Day In The Life Of A Gamer(Who Needs PS2 Backwards Compatibility?)

Post  Paeter September 3rd 2014, 12:48 am

This week while playing around with some options for recording game footage I discovered something awesome!

My near-1st-gen PS2(it was a wedding present from my parents in 2002!) has never been able to send a reliable component(pseudo-HD) signal to our HD TVs, and so whenever I have dug out a PS2 game to play over the last 5 years I've had to play using only the analog composite signal. (Doesn't look so hot on HD TVs.) But this week I tried routing the signal through my HD game capture software and it appears the signal is boosted before being sent back out again to my TV, which means for the first time I'm playing my favorite PS2 games in near HD!

The downside is that my capture device itself doesn't do a good job of actually CAPTURING the component signal clearly, despite being kind enough to boost the signal for me so it will look good on my TV. This means that, as of now, the PS2 component signal footage I capture for use on the CGC channel won't look so hot. (In fact it may even look a little worse than when I capture the composite signal. At least THAT get's fuzzed a little bit.) I just ordered a doo-dad that will arrive on Thursday that I hope will be a solution to that problem. But if not it's not a huge deal. I'm just thrilled to be able to play some of my favorite old games with a brilliant, clear picture! Woohoo!

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

A Happy Day In The Life Of A Gamer(Who Needs PS2 Backwards Compatibility?) Empty Re: A Happy Day In The Life Of A Gamer(Who Needs PS2 Backwards Compatibility?)

Post  ComiKate September 9th 2014, 6:34 pm

Thou art to be commended for thy courageous victory over tech!
    (channelling my inner Thor here, don't know why geek )

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 6:40 am