Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Coffeehouse: When in your life has God told you "wait" or "no" even when you had good intentions?

WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Coffeehouse: When in your life has God told you "wait" or "no" even when you had good intentions? Empty Coffeehouse: When in your life has God told you "wait" or "no" even when you had good intentions?

Post  WhiteBoy August 17th 2010, 4:28 pm

Paeter's dropped a good questions on us this week. Any comments?

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Coffeehouse: When in your life has God told you "wait" or "no" even when you had good intentions? Empty Re: Coffeehouse: When in your life has God told you "wait" or "no" even when you had good intentions?

Post  WhiteBoy August 17th 2010, 4:35 pm

I can't think of a personal example right off, but I thought of David and his desire to build the temple (2 Samuel 7) . His desire was not selfish and his spiritual leader, Nathan, even thought it was a good idea at first. Problem was that neither of them asked God what he would want first. God ended up telling David "No" and that his son would build the temple.

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Coffeehouse: When in your life has God told you "wait" or "no" even when you had good intentions? Empty Re: Coffeehouse: When in your life has God told you "wait" or "no" even when you had good intentions?

Post  Rickster August 17th 2010, 11:03 pm

For me It's career related I really wanted to intern for this Christian studio I called and I even went to their office to be interviewed by them but God said no but I actually ended up interning for one of pioneers of Christian movies while all I did was make calls and sell posters that verse be faithful in the little things and you'll be trusted with greater things. So just have to wait until God time for me
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 18th 2010, 12:28 pm

God has done this to me at several key moments in my life. One that comes to mind is during college and soon after graduation.

I studied voice with the intention of being a vocal recording artist. I have always enjoyed performing, but over the course of my university studies I developed a kind of stage fright. Fine on stage, but waiting before hand was really rough. Would always feel sick to my stomach and even vomited in an offstage toilet just SECONDS before an announcer welcomed me onstage to do a concert. (BTW, that announcer was Mike Tully, and the concert was at his church. Fun fact.)

My intentions were good and I knew that my vocal ministry was positively affecting people. But as I continued giving concerts the stage fright just sucked the joy out of the entire experience and drained my motivation to continue. I couldn't understand why God was introducing this problem into my life that effectively canceled my career plans. But it ultimately led me to serve on staff at the worship ministry at my church which led to a number of fantastic growth opportunities and the live production of Spirit Blade, bringing me to where I am now.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 11:02 pm