Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Dressing up as superheros

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Dressing up as superheros Empty Dressing up as superheros

Post  Rickster November 17th 2014, 6:06 pm

Yesterday i was running the Avengers 1/2 marathon at disneyland and a lot of the runners where in costume. As i was running i realized that seeing girls dressed up as Captain America, Hulk, Thor, etc. isn't weird but if i saw a guy dressed up black widow or scarlet witch or another female supper hero i would find that really weird. Why do you think that is?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Dressing up as superheros Empty Re: Dressing up as superheros

Post  mikel.withers November 18th 2014, 8:45 am

Heh heh heh...you said "female supper hero"....

But...maybe there is something to that... Let's explore! (I feel like a kid's tv adventure show host)

If you dress up as a male super hero, you represent power, the American spirit, justice, etc.
    If you dress up as a female super hero...well, chances are you represent some hyper-sexualized version of femaleness.
    So, it wouldn't be strange that a woman would want to portray what male superheroes represent, but (despite what some people would have us believe) it is rather strange for men to want to portray what female superheroes represent. (ie: eye candy for guys)

Current date/time is May 13th 2024, 11:17 pm