Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Things That Freaked You Out As A Kid

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Things That Freaked You Out As A Kid Empty Things That Freaked You Out As A Kid

Post  Paeter May 2nd 2015, 9:58 am

Last night I woke up and got a little scared going to the bathroom because in my half-awake state I remembered an episode of The Bloodhound Gang from "3,2,1, Contact" that scared the crap out of me. It's one of my earliest, foggy childhood memories, and it has stayed with me all my life. A big mansion at night, a strange-looking old woman in a wheelchair (freaky all by itself to a really young kid like me) listening to creepy old music through an antique radio, interrupted by the cackling of a ghost. In horror she goes to the window and, in the distance, sees a glowing apparition in the woods!

Late last night I had just enough presence of mind to realize for the first time that in this Youtube generation I could at last confront this fear. And so this morning I did...

And yes, the version in my memory is a TON scarier. But hopefully this one will begin to replace it. (The first 45 seconds has all the elements I mentioned if you're curious)

So what childhood creep-outs from the entertainment world do YOU remember? Have you since confronted them and how do you feel about them, now?

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Things That Freaked You Out As A Kid Empty Re: Things That Freaked You Out As A Kid

Post  UKSteve May 5th 2015, 1:19 pm

You want creepy, you want to see what the BBC was putting out for kids in the 80s...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Things That Freaked You Out As A Kid Empty Re: Things That Freaked You Out As A Kid

Post  Paeter May 5th 2015, 3:34 pm

Oh my gosh, that is creepy. I don't even understand what I just experienced.

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike May 7th 2015, 9:04 am

Do I get to be the first to bring up H R Pufnstuf?

Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 77
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz May 8th 2015, 1:08 pm

What the bad guys of this show were able to do. The whole thing starts with the head crystal that keeps everything hunky-dory being split in two by the leaders of both sides. The good side gives the heroes super powers but the bad side turns everyone it's pointing at into skeletons if they so much as think of something bad!  No

Last edited by Dreamerhorwitz on May 8th 2015, 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bad code)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 8th 2015, 3:23 pm

mindspike wrote:Do I get to be the first to bring up H R Pufnstuf?

Did that show creep you out as a kid? (I never saw it myself.)

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 8th 2015, 3:25 pm

Dreamerhorwitz wrote:

Dude, that show looks amazing to 7-year old Paeter.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster May 13th 2015, 10:39 pm

A lot of game over screens freaked me out as a kid. But this one gave me nightmares

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 14th 2015, 5:00 pm

Rickster wrote:A lot of game over screens freaked me out as a kid. But this one gave me nightmares

Dude. that's messed up!

Had no idea there was an arcade version. Was it like a beat-em up? Seemed a bit different from the NES version, aside from graphics.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster May 14th 2015, 5:21 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Rickster wrote:A lot of game over screens freaked me out as a kid. But this one gave me nightmares

Dude. that's messed up!

Had no idea there was an arcade version. Was it like a beat-em up? Seemed a bit different from the NES version, aside from graphics.

I honestly dont remember playing the game i just remember being at the arcade and seeing the gameover screen after someone else was done playing it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 11:21 pm