Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Jon Favreau Understands Grace?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Jon Favreau Understands Grace? Empty Jon Favreau Understands Grace?

Post  Paeter August 6th 2015, 5:43 pm

I just discovered that The director of Iron Man 1&2, in his commentary for Cowboys & Aliens, seems to understand grace!

Since Christianity is the backdrop religion for the movie, he felt like clarifying at one point that the view expressed by one character about God and forgiveness does not represent traditional Christian teaching on grace. He said that in the Christian religion "grace is yours" (not earned) and that "Jesus died for your sins and it's(grace is) available to you".

He went on to say that the character's remark "speaks more about the character than the religion, but that's the business I'm in(the business of characters)".

I thought this was REALLY interesting, as I assume the percentage of believers in Hollywood is dramatically smaller (of course I could be totally wrong) and that most unbelievers don't understand the grace and forgiveness offered by Jesus. (Popular representations of Christianity still seem to reflect an "earn your way to heaven" belief system.)

Was so struck by it I even considered playing the audio from both the scene and the commentary on the podcast sometime, which I suppose I may still do. (Just takes time to set that up for recording.)

Meanwhile I'm praying that Favreau not only understands the grace of Jesus but has believed in and accepted it, or if not, that God will draw him to himself to that end and beyond.

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Jon Favreau Understands Grace? Empty Re: Jon Favreau Understands Grace?

Post  mikel.withers August 7th 2015, 7:50 am

That's pretty cool. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 7:19 pm