Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Geek "Tragedies" and Horror Stories

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Geek "Tragedies" and Horror Stories Empty Geek "Tragedies" and Horror Stories

Post  Paeter September 25th 2015, 5:20 pm

What's the worst thing(s) that ever happened in your life as a geek? Not genuine tragedy. I'm talking about something ultimately trivial (losing a prized collectible item, having your 300+ hour skyrim saves deleted, etc) that felt absolutely terrible at the time.

For me, it was playing the original Final Fantasy on NES and realizing I had used up all of my spell slots and didn't have one left to purchase the most powerful spell in the game. I was in 7th or 8th grade. I went to my room and silently cried for about 30 minutes. lol!

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Geek "Tragedies" and Horror Stories Empty Re: Geek "Tragedies" and Horror Stories

Post  mikel.withers September 28th 2015, 1:59 pm

There are certainly lost saved games...or never saved games, the GI Joes smashed with whiffleball bats, and the "Jazz" Transformer that I transformed one too many times... but the biggest geek tragedy has to be losing my connection with the guy I made armor with.
    It was a time and money drain, but the satisfaction of seeing a bunch of sheet metal turned into a full suit of armor was well worth it. Couple that with working a Renn faire and being behind the scenes, and feeling like you (sort of) "fit in" with a crowd (in the same way Bono's drummer, whoever that is, basks in reflected glory); yeah, that would have to be my greatest geek tragedy.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Geek "Tragedies" and Horror Stories Empty Re: Geek "Tragedies" and Horror Stories

Post  Rickster September 29th 2015, 8:44 pm

I was working on this trophy that takes real skill to get and after trying hundreds of times to get it I finally pulled it off and the trophy glitches and didn't pop so I had to try it again.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 3:16 am