Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :)

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :) Empty The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :)

Post  UKSteve November 23rd 2015, 11:40 am

My latest creative endeavour started out as my 2012 NaNoWriMo offering, which I've tidied up in my spare time and released into the wild recently.

As it was just a bit of fun I wanted to release it for free - unfortunately amazon don't make that easy, so if anyone wants to do me a favour and let amazon know it's available cheaper elsewhere, that would be appreciated. All the links are here. For the time being, amazon price is set at 99c, which is of course appreciated Wink but feel free to avail yourself of a free version if you wish.

Quick blurb:

Matthew Smith is a largely unremarkable computer programmer from Surbiton, who just happens to have landed a rather lucrative contract for his latest game, Bootlesquith Manor.

To celebrate his good fortune, he pops down to Frank’s Outdoor to get a few tinnies, and share the news with his good pal Frank – whereupon the off licence is robbed and Matthew knocked out.

Or so it seems - until he and Frank find themselves in a wholly more colourful version of Surbiton, watched over by the ominous looking house on the hill – Bootlesquith Manor itself.

The Ballad of Matthew Smith follows their strange odyssey through the fictional house and their attempt to return home for a well-earned beer.

Obligatory Content Warning:
    Contains some mild swearing and a lot of British humour.

The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :) BALLAD1-188x300

And for the benefit of anyone who played British computer games in the 1980s: yes, that Matthew Smith.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :) Empty Re: The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :)

Post  Paeter November 24th 2015, 10:10 am

UKSteve wrote:

And for the benefit of anyone who played British computer games in the 1980s: yes, that Matthew Smith.
    I didn't, so I looked it up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Smith_(games_programmer)

Sounds like fun, Steve! Congrats!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :) Empty Re: The Ballad of Matthew Smith - my latest ebook :)

Post  AdamCollings November 24th 2015, 5:31 pm

Cool.
    British humour is the best.
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve November 24th 2015, 5:38 pm

AdamCollings wrote:British humour is the best.

No pressure then...
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve November 25th 2015, 10:20 am

Quick update: direct downloads should now be working, so kindle users can enjoy it for free too!

http://stevetrower.co.uk/matthew/get-your-copy/
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve June 30th 2016, 11:36 am

Blatantly promoting myself (again): The Ballad of Matthew Smith is now free on amazon (except in India, apparently. You can't have everything though, eh?)

amazon.com link

Should be available (free) on other ebook platforms as well Smile
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings June 30th 2016, 6:56 pm

Got it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 8:47 am