Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

What God Says, He Does

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What God Says, He Does Empty What God Says, He Does

Post  Paeter December 1st 2015, 10:49 am

Reading in Ezekiel 29 this morning and came across some encouraging verses about Egypt, the subject of Yahweh's anger and judgment in this chapter.

(29:15, ESV) It shall be the most lowly of the kingdoms, and never again exalt itself above the nations. And I will make them so small that they will never again rule over the nations.

The long-accepted dating for this book lands at close to 600 B.C., and even scholars who have an anti-supernatural bias date it at around 200 B.C. at the latest.
    However you look at it, Egypt has had 2000-2500 years or so to prove God wrong. But what God says, he does. And his actions are just as tangible as the screen I'm looking at and the chair I'm sitting in.
    With that in mind, I sigh in relief a bit when I read...

(Revelation 21:3-5, ESV) And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 6:01 pm