Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Subbing...Grrrr

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Subbing...Grrrr Empty Subbing...Grrrr

Post  Paeter September 7th 2010, 8:12 pm

Foo. After a day of ALMOST catching up on e-mails, correspondence and anything but being creative and polishing the mix, I just got called for a three day subbing job for the rest of this week.

Mad

So no review of Resident Evil on the podcast this week and zero forward motion on the Special Edition until next Tuesday. (I'll probably need most of Monday to play catch up again.) Crap, it's always especially hard to drop everything for my side gig when I'm SOOO CLOSE to releasing a new project!

Evil or Very Mad

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Subbing...Grrrr Empty Re: Subbing...Grrrr

Post  Paeter September 7th 2010, 8:24 pm

I DID manage to squeeze in "The Last Exorcism", which has a lot to talk about and was pretty good. But it's always tough to give up mixing time for anything else.

Even though I love connecting with people via e-mail, doing the Bible study, reviewing movies and other stuff, it's really tough for me when a whole day of work goes by and I didn't do any work on my current creative project. It's especially tough when I spend that time marketing, troubleshooting technical stuff or other boring and necessary evils.
    Like subbing...

Crap, see now I'm in a bad mood all over again...

Mad

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 17th 2010, 12:10 am

Good grief! This has been insane! Usually, I end up subbing for a max of three days the entire month of September, and often less than that. Last week I subbed three days, and this week I've subbed another three and already have a subbing gig for tomorrow!

I try to keep a good perspective on things, because we need my subbing gigs to fill in the gaps in our family budget and for all I know a big "dry spell" could be coming up. So I need to sub while the subbing's good. But I REALLY want to release the Special Edition no later than October 15th, so I can be free to drop off the radar when the new baby comes.

Aaarrgh!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content