Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Far Cry Fans?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Far Cry Fans? Empty Far Cry Fans?

Post  Paeter January 29th 2016, 2:04 pm

Any other fans of the Far Cry games here? I'm coming late to the party, as discovering this series came as a part of "The Great Action Game Awakening" I experienced in 2015 beginning with Bioshock.

Open world First Person Shooter with crafting, hunting and weapon modding. I largely play it as a stealth game, though I love that for the most part you don't have to, so I can spray and pray when I'm spotted and it all hits the fan.

Didn't play the first and I've only played 30 minutes of "Blood Dragon", but loved Far Cry 2 once I figured it out and the same goes for Far Cry 3, which I finished earlier this week. Now I'm in to Far Cry 4 and looking forward to trying Far Cry Primal in February.

Anyone else have thoughts on these games or game recommendations for those who like them?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Far Cry Fans? Empty Re: Far Cry Fans?

Post  Rickster January 30th 2016, 12:30 am

I haven't played the games but I saw on youtube there is an Easter Egg where you can beat Far cry 4 in 15 minutes
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 1st 2016, 9:52 am

Rickster wrote:I haven't played the games but I saw on youtube there is an Easter Egg where you can beat Far cry 4 in 15 minutes
    Yeah someone told me about that and I gave it a try. Kinda wish I hadn't. It gives away some plot info that I think is supposed to be a surprise later. But then I don't even remotely play these games for their stories.

www.spiritblade.com
    Morfinwen
    Morfinwen

Activity : 43
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Morfinwen February 2nd 2016, 12:41 pm

My brother has one of those games ... i'm not sure if it's 3 or 4.

It looks very pretty, which is admittedly a draw for me, and i like the wingsuit and a few other things. I'm not a huge fan of shooters, though.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 3rd 2016, 10:03 am

Morfinwen wrote: I'm not a huge fan of shooters, though.
    Yeah, I stayed away from shooters for years because my reflexes and hand-eye coordination suck. But slowly a few of them opened up to me. First just the RPG heavy ones like Mass Effect and Fallout. But then Bioshock on Easy mode opened up a whole new world of games for me. It was a few months after that I tried Far Cry 2, which definitely tried my patience and helped build my tolerance for dying/failing a bit. Then Far Cry 3 did it again and now Far Cry 4, although to a lesser extent.

4 is beautiful, but some of the missions restrict where you can go. This sucks because I like to pla it safe and snipe bad guys from as far away as possible. But if I start leaving the invisible, pre-defined "Mission Zone" for more than a few seconds I'm failed out of the mission. And this from a game that tells you you can take on any mission with any strategy you want. LAME.

So for now I'm doing the equivalent of RPG grinding, taking on little open world objectives that net me experience and better weapons/equipment. Much less restrictive and more fun. Hopefully I can build myself into enough of a monster that the missions will go easier when I get back to them.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 8:40 pm