Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Just Got Approval For A Quarterly Game Night At My Church!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Just Got Approval For A Quarterly Game Night At My Church! Empty Just Got Approval For A Quarterly Game Night At My Church!

Post  Paeter February 9th 2016, 5:43 pm

Super excited about this!

My monthly "Nerd Game Night" for the college group will be expanding soon to be more broad and inviting to others who might like more "normal" games (now that we've firmly established a geek presence and comfort level), and in addition every 3rd month that group will now be hosting a church-wide game night on our church campus, including all kinds of table-top games and video games.

The hope is to give people a chance to connect with others in various age groups and form friendships that eventually lead to something deeper, like a small group/etc. For years our church has been fairly "age demographic" focused and only in recent years taken steps to connect people based on common interests. So this is something I've wanted to see happen for years and I'm thrilled the leadership is open and supportive of it! And if attendance and interest are solid we'll eventually move to a monthly schedule!

Woohoo!

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Just Got Approval For A Quarterly Game Night At My Church! Empty Re: Just Got Approval For A Quarterly Game Night At My Church!

Post  mikel.withers February 10th 2016, 10:24 am

That is really cool!
    Let us know how it works out, I've been wondering if a good volunteer thing might be having young people take games to senior housing and spending time together.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Just Got Approval For A Quarterly Game Night At My Church! Empty Re: Just Got Approval For A Quarterly Game Night At My Church!

Post  CreatorsPixels February 11th 2016, 5:13 pm

That would be awesome, too bad I'm nowhere near your side of the continent or I'd be at that for sure! Good luck!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 2:03 am