Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Need Some Dialogue Mixing Feedback

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Need Some Dialogue Mixing Feedback Empty Need Some Dialogue Mixing Feedback

Post  Paeter September 14th 2010, 7:30 pm

Hey Folks,

I'm in the home stretch with the Special Edition and am mainly playing with the EQ at this point. The dialogue for the Special Edition currently has a little bit of a brighter sound than Dark Ritual and Pilgrim's Progress had. (But not as bright as the original Spirit Blade mix.)

A tweak of a nob can adjust the current mix to taste, but I'd like to avoid "nob tweaking" among listeners who normally don't feel the need to.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the hi or low tones in the dialogue for those projects(Dark Ritual and Pilgrim)? Did they lean toward the "muffled" side or did you not notice anything in particular about the dialogue tone quality?

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Need Some Dialogue Mixing Feedback Empty Re: Need Some Dialogue Mixing Feedback

Post  Paeter September 16th 2010, 12:44 am

Guess nobody has any particular feelings about this? Am I over-thinking (or over-listening) this one?

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy September 16th 2010, 10:09 am

Sorry, but I don't remember noticing it.

Admin

Post  Paeter September 16th 2010, 7:12 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:Sorry, but I don't remember noticing it.

No apologies necessary! I need that kind of feedback as much as anything else! If most folks didn't notice one way or the other, then I'm probably making too much of it and should spend my time elsewhere. So thank you!

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 18th 2010, 12:06 am

I don't remember extremes of high or low tone in any of your mixes. I do remember the dialog sometimes being difficult to hear in Spirit Blade. The new mix of "Soldiers" and "Destiny" especially are much improved.

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 18th 2010, 12:12 am

mindspike wrote:I don't remember extremes of high or low tone in any of your mixes. I do remember the dialog sometimes being difficult to hear in Spirit Blade. The new mix of "Soldiers" and "Destiny" especially are much improved.

Good to know. Glad to hear about Soldiers and Destiny vocals being easier to hear. I think you'll be pleased with the levels for the dialogue. That was the first freakin' thing I took my scalpel to! It was driving me nuts!

Wink

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster September 18th 2010, 4:21 am

not to stress Paeter out
    But is spirit Blade 3 the next project?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 19th 2010, 8:33 pm

Rickster wrote:not to stress Paeter out
    But is spirit Blade 3 the next project?

Have no fear. The only person stressing me out is me. You guys rock and I love connecting with you.

And yes! As soon as the special edition of Spirit Blade has been launched I will begin full-time work on the script for Spirit Blade 3. (Working title) In fact, I've already done a lot of outlining lately and am itching to start writing! Stay tuned here and at spiritblade.net/blog for updates!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 12:15 am