Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Need Advice

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Need Advice Empty Need Advice

Post  Rickster July 20th 2016, 3:32 pm

I need some advice
    So my Uncle is kicking me out of the house in 2 weeks so it can be sold. My dad who lives a couple hours away from where I currently live said he can take me in but his wife's daughter lost her house recently and is living with them so there really isn't room for me. Also there is this nagging almost fearful feeling that my dad's place isn't where I'm suppose to go. I don't know if this is God telling me not to move in with my dad or its just my own fears of the future getting the best of me. My dad and I have always been pretty close and was looking forward to spending time with him and playing some retro and not so retro games with him so that has nothing to do with this fear.
    But my dad's place is my only option unless I take a huge leap of faith and try to find a place on my own granted I have no job, no car, no credit and 2 cats and a dog relying on me. Like I said a HUGE leap of faith. I will be getting my inheritance once the house is sold and my uncle said I can get some of it in advance to help if I need it.
    I feel like I’ve been through the ringer this past 14 month and really don’t know how much of it I can endure
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Need Advice Empty Re: Need Advice

Post  mikel.withers July 21st 2016, 8:40 am

Ricky, I've been getting depressed just reading about your life over the last 14 months.

Let me share an anecdote that may or may not help. (as anecdotes are prone to do)
    About thirteen years ago my family had to move because the house we were living in was sold. As we were rather poor, we moved from NY to NC to live in my inlaws' attic. Two young kids, my wife, and I living in an unfinished, uninsulated attic in North Carolina. If I turned my head a bit to the side, I could just stand up in the center of the attic. I would spray the water hose on the roof in order to cool it down a bit in the summer -otherwise we couldn't go to bed.
    It was quite possibly the worst three or four years of my life. I really can't think about it too much or I'll touch off a panic attack (no kidding).
    BUT it was a place to live. We survived it, and ...well, I'm not coming up with anything else. It was something to survive, not really something to get much out of.
    Now, we share a duplex with my dad, and have enough space so that my inlaws have now moved in with us. We're back in NY and I'll tell you it doesn't take much remembering to really appreciate even the rotten winters we face.
    So, anyway, maybe living with your dad wont be something that makes you thrive, but you'll survive it. And if looking back at it, one day, gives you an appreciation for where you'll have gotten then maybe there is some silver lining in it.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels July 21st 2016, 8:25 pm

Wow, serious tough break man! I wish I could offer you advice but I really got none! Maybe someone in your local church would be looking for a roomate in exchange for manual labor or something or at least help you out for a few weeks. I suspect if you have any doubts about moving to your dads then it isn't right. Just remain strong in the lord through it, i would suspect he has a lesson to teach you from it! Best of luck, will be praying for you!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 2:31 am