Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote!

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote! Empty The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote!

Post  UKSteve September 9th 2016, 1:05 pm

So after not having a title last week, I went for something entirely different in the end, and here it is: The Chip Whisperer is the first part of The Ambivalence Chronicles - a comic fantasy in 8 bits.

It tells the story of Phil Grundy, whose latest eBay purchase - a Sinclair ZX81 - attracts unusual attention not just from a fellow collector, but from the mysterious Assembly of Newly Uplifted Systems.

And I've now got five possible covers to choose from, and to help me pick I'm inviting you to rate and comment on what you like, what you don't, and which you'd look twice at on amazon.

Click here to see the options and vote!

Thanks for helping!
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote! Empty Re: The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote!

Post  mindspike September 10th 2016, 7:41 am

Fascinating. Let us know how it wraps up!

UKSteve

The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote! Empty Re: The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote!

Post  UKSteve September 12th 2016, 7:12 am

Some have been revised slightly, and I've narrowed it down to three, but still can't choose!

Comments welcome here or click on through and comment/rate on the poll page:

https://99designs.co.uk/contests/poll/2bn38n?urlcategory=book-cover-design
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter September 12th 2016, 9:56 am

Having not read the book I don't know which best matches the content, but #44 in the middle would be my ignorant pick. Great job on those, btw!

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve November 17th 2016, 3:26 pm

Well, the final cover is in, and looks like this:
    The Chip Whisperer - cover design vote! Y3m54edbh2B4slUCHY7WaSPAI5fK6XcWIMbw4cG0uFKt1O50IopPHH5SiVayoBGrzgzdq4ITjyIrqzTCX9AnIBRvfXlMH9EWtpLfT4k67ewteIJZ7JsGYjn_tzqtgVtqO84kVlffjdu95bb6U7EAa1l3hVw2ZugPejUU9Edx02A4ps?width=440&height=660&cropmode=none

And if you like Brit humour (I'm too modest to throw around names like 'Douglas' and 'Adams') and have 99c (or local equivalent) to spare, it's available for pre-order now (kindle format only for the time being)..
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 17th 2016, 5:30 pm

Cool.
    I shall pre-order this, and I'll give it a mention in my next bulletin video.
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve November 17th 2016, 6:03 pm

AdamCollings wrote:Cool.
    I shall pre-order this, and I'll give it a mention in my next bulletin video.

All mentions gratefully received of course Smile

I should probably add though, there's no intentional Christian message to this story, but as a Christian author I can't guarantee some parallels won't crop up later in the series...
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 17th 2016, 6:14 pm

That's fine. I've mentioned Christian authors writing mainstream stuff before.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 3:42 pm