Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

Increasing "Situational Awareness"

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Increasing "Situational Awareness" Empty Increasing "Situational Awareness"

Post  Paeter September 14th 2016, 10:00 am

I've heard the phrase "situational awareness" used in video game discussion to describe the ability of a player to know what is happening in the game space surrounding his/her character. Recently I'm feeling pulled to have a greater "situational awareness" in real life. Specifically when it comes to national and international news. I want to be aware of what things I can be praying for or what topics are worth mentally processing in order to be conversant about.

For awhile now I've developed a habit of playing video game related video/audio content in the background as I play Fallout 4 or No Man's Sky. Between the load screens of the first and the mindless groove of the second, background content works well. But I'm thinking of switching over to some kind of streaming news channel. There's just so much opinion/editorial content out there, and I'm looking for more of a "just the facts ma'am" anchor person delivering news in a straight tone with no commentary.

Can anyone recommend an audio/video podcast or better yet, a channel to stream?

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 10:52 am