Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Stream Schdule

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Stream Schdule Empty Stream Schdule

Post  Rickster September 29th 2016, 7:13 pm

Hi everyone I wanted to give everyone I wanted to let you guys I know I'm planning on streaming regularly Monday-Friday from 2pm-6pm on my Twitch channel.  Twitch.tv/Rugged_warrior I'll be streaming Tomb Raider Definitive edition on the PS4 to get ready for Rise of the Tomb raider finally coming out on ps4 on the 11th.

I hope you guys can make it when you can because the whole reason I want to stream is so I can chat with people as I play games.

Also content warning both Tomb raider and Rise of the Tomb Raider is rated M for Mature for Language violence and gore just in case some here is sensitive to that
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Stream Schdule Empty Re: Stream Schdule

Post  Paeter September 30th 2016, 9:10 am

What's the time zone again? Pacific?

Those are right in the middle of my work hours, so depending on what kind of work I'm doing I may be able to have you on in the background now and then, but I probably wouldn't be able to chat on any regular basis.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 30th 2016, 9:12 am

Moved this to "What's On Your Brain" btw. I think stuff about your stream is a better fit here.

Have fun and I'll look forward to seeing you soon!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 2nd 2016, 11:48 pm

Something came up and I have some business I need to take care of tomorrow and I don't want to be stressed out over getting everything done by 2 tomorrow so while I do plan on streaming tomorrow I don't know what time i'll start so I'll hold off on Starting Tomb Raider until Tuesday
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 4th 2016, 10:35 pm

Today's stream went ok trying to get use to talking while playing video games especially when no one's in chat but I did arrange it to have the stream pasted on my gaming youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC99-D_8h9ZpUhuZtoufgpUQ
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 5th 2016, 9:15 am

Is there a setting in youtube that divides the stream up into parts for you? Or did you edit them that way?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 5th 2016, 11:35 am

Paeter wrote:Is there a setting in youtube that divides the stream up into parts for you? Or did you edit them that way?

I wouldn't call it a setting it wasn't a setting it just asked me if I wanted to break it up into 15 min section when I exported it from twitch
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 6th 2016, 9:53 am

Rickster wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Is there a setting in youtube that divides the stream up into parts for you? Or did you edit them that way?

I wouldn't call it a setting it wasn't a setting it just asked me if I wanted to break it up into 15 min section when I exported it from twitch

That's a cool feature! I'm considering testing audience interest by offering both my usual "edited down" highlight segments of the marathon and full uncut segments to see what kind of audience there is for that. I know a ton of people out there really like the uncut format, but it makes me nervous to release control and I'm also concerned that I don't say enough or do enough that's interesting throughout the stream.

Anyway, thanks for the update and the info!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 6th 2016, 9:34 pm

I ended up beating Tomb Raider today so tomorrow and possibly Monday will be me trophy hunting. Not sure how exciting its going to be but right now my concern with streaming is get on a regular schedule and work on talking while playing. (hard when no one is chatting but i'll get there)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 7th 2016, 9:48 am

Rickster wrote:I ended up beating Tomb Raider today so tomorrow and possibly Monday will be me trophy hunting. Not sure how exciting its going to be but right now my concern with streaming is get on a regular schedule and work on talking while playing. (hard when no one is chatting but i'll get there)

Sounds like a plan! I've heard that getting into a regular schedule is among the highest priorities for successful let's play channels. As for keeping the dialogue going, that's why I came up with the idea for my "+2 Page Of Many Topics". Maybe you could grab an interesting looking cookie jar or other container, give it a special name and draw topics from it to keep yourself chatting?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 8th 2016, 1:46 pm

I ended up streaming Journey yesterday because I thought me walking around just getting collectables would make for an interesting stream
    I should be getting Dead or Alive Extreme 3 today so I might stream that on Monday. So I'll understand if no one here wants to watch it. I wish I had more options for Volleyball games but this is the only one I can find.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 10th 2016, 11:55 pm

OK tomorrow I start Rise of the Tomb Raider I plan on doing it and all the story DLC and since it will be a blind playthrough I expect a lot of death
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 11th 2016, 8:02 pm

Streamed Rise of the Tomb Raider so far i'm enjoying not as much is I did the previous game though. I'm curious on what it's trying to imply theologically. The fact that the evil group is called trinity and one of the bad guys has what looked like a tattoo hat looked like a nail hole on his hands makes me think it might be a Christian inspired cult but it's still too early to tell.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 12th 2016, 9:02 am

Rickster wrote:Streamed Rise of the Tomb Raider so far i'm enjoying not as much is I did the previous game though. I'm curious on what it's trying to imply theologically. The fact that the evil group is called trinity and one of the bad guys has what looked like a tattoo hat looked like a nail hole on his hands makes me think it might be a Christian inspired cult but it's still too early to tell.

In the spirit of your channel, I'll bet 20 push-ups that it's specifically Catholic. All on the honor system, but if the game ends and they aren't Catholic baddies, there will be 20 push-ups happening in my office with your name on them.

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers October 12th 2016, 2:18 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Rickster wrote:Streamed Rise of the Tomb Raider so far i'm enjoying not as much is I did the previous game though. I'm curious on what it's trying to imply theologically. The fact that the evil group is called trinity and one of the bad guys has what looked like a tattoo hat looked like a nail hole on his hands makes me think it might be a Christian inspired cult but it's still too early to tell.

In the spirit of your channel, I'll bet 20 push-ups that it's specifically Catholic. All on the honor system, but if the game ends and they aren't Catholic baddies, there will be 20 push-ups happening in my office with your name on them.
    I'm a witness that he said that. tongue
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 14th 2016, 10:18 pm

Paeter wrote:

I beat the game today and might have to hold out on that. While there were things that implied catholic (the church sent out the nights of trinity, the villain believed he had suffered the stigmata as a child) but Trinity is still kind of enigma and looks like the 3rd game will deal with them more.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 15th 2016, 1:11 am

So on Monday I'm planning on checking out the Croft manor DLC and then on Tuesday I'm going to check out The Bunker which after reading the description i'm curious about.

Taken from the PSN description

As the last remaining survivor in a nuclear bunker, Joh's daily routine is the one thing that keeps him sane. But when an alarm goes off, his mind starts to self-destruct. Venture into long forgotten areas, recover repressed childhood memories and unlock the dark secrets of The Bunker.
    The Bunker is a completely live-action experience, filmed on location in a decommissioned government nuclear bunker with a plot crafted by writers behind The Witcher, SOMA and Broken Sword. Starring an incredible cast including Adam Brown (The Hobbit), Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful) and Grahame Fox (game of Thrones).

the fact that it's live action has me curious about it

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 12th 2024, 2:31 am