Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

new title?

mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

new title? Empty new title?

Post  mikel.withers October 20th 2016, 11:32 am

An actual quote from an online discussion/fight.
    (I really don't know how you work and maintain such a vital presence on FB all the time. Do you do anything else, other than being the Defender of the Faith online?)

From now on, just call me DoFo!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

new title? Empty Re: new title?

Post  Paeter October 21st 2016, 9:55 am

mikel.withers wrote:An actual quote from an online discussion/fight.
    (I really don't know how you work and maintain such a vital presence on FB all the time. Do you do anything else, other than being the Defender of the Faith online?)

I dunno. DoFo sounds pretty close to "MoFo".

Kidding aside, it sounds like that discussion has run out of potential for fruitfulness if insults are being introduced to the conversation. I doubt they're listening beyond figuring out their next comeback at this point.

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers October 21st 2016, 12:18 pm

Paeter wrote:
    mikel.withers wrote:An actual quote from an online discussion/fight.

I dunno. DoFo sounds pretty close to "MoFo".

Kidding aside, it sounds like that discussion has run out of potential for fruitfulness if insults are being introduced to the conversation. I doubt they're listening beyond figuring out their next comeback at this point.
    I'm pretty sure MoFo is much closer to what he was really thinking.
    It turns out that when you challenge the idea that you can get a full theology out of inspirational posters and internet memes, people get upset.

I'm pretty sure the other guy wasn't getting anything out of the conversation, but third parties might. When they find out that the "radical" "fundmentalist" religious guy is the calm, rational, live and let live one, and the kind, gentle, evolved skeptic is the one calling names and advocating for the criminalization of my lifestyle/religion... I think that might be fruitful after all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 12:25 am