Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

iPhone RPG

Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

iPhone RPG Empty iPhone RPG

Post  Hackmodford September 28th 2010, 9:41 am

I'm in the middle of designing an rpg engine for a rpg game I plan to make.

Right now I'm trying to think of all the things that I love in RPGs... for example

1)In the Super Mario RPG series they relied on timing button presses to make attacks effective. To me, this made the battles seem more involved. I also think something like this will provide a unique opportunity for some type of minigame enhanced battles on the touchscreen.

2)I have been enjoying the Lunar series and I like how you never stay in one place for too long and keep moving form area to area at a steady pace. The battles never seem too hard.

3)I also like how in the Lunar games they have a "idol" that if you go up to it will heal your entire party. These are placed at key points to keep the game moving. Very nice...

4) I like the inventory being sortable by type.

5) I also prefer the enemies being visible on the field so that you don't have random encounters and can avoid them if you want (though it's usually hard to avoid enemies)

So you can see what I'm going at...

What do you guys like or don't like in an rpg?

iPhone RPG UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 1:22 pm