Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Empty Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer

Post  jorowi December 6th 2016, 3:36 pm

Would somebody please lobotomize Michael Bay? How did they convince Anthony Hopkins to do this movie? He just finished an awesome HBO series (Westworld) and now he doing this crap!? Did he get a DWI in Hollywood and a judge order him to star in a Michael Bay movie as community service?

Twitter
    Instagram
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Empty Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer

Post  AdamCollings December 6th 2016, 5:14 pm

LOL. Maybe he just wants to take a little break.

From the trailer, it looks like they might be going for a slightly more serious tone with this one. That makes me want to see it. The first three were pretty much devoid of story (though it was cool seeing the transformers). I haven't actually seen the fourth one yet.
    Also, looks like they might be taking some inspiration from the death and eventual resurrection of Optimus Prime from the original cartoons. I was mesmerised by that whole arc as a kid.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer Empty Re: Transformers: The Last Knight Trailer

Post  Paeter December 7th 2016, 10:02 am

My guess is when you're anthony hopkins and at that age, you just want time with the grandkids, don't have anything more to prove and make work decisions based on what would be an interesting, easy experience rather than what will produce something to be proud of.

But that's just a wild guess based on something I once heard Sean Connery say about his reasons for not doing Indy 4.

What's so frustrating about Michael Bay is I like the look of his movies. The colors and contrast, the sandy grit and black oil in his explosions. It all feels very grounded to me. And so I've bought in and gone to see a number of his flicks only to be hit in the head by the scripts.

I haven't watched these movies since Mark Walburgh, although I've also gotten the sense they are turning more serious. Can anyone confirm or deny that who has seen the Mark Walburgh one(s)? Is there any hope that this is more of the "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" Michael Bay?

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers December 7th 2016, 10:34 am

Let's be honest, the whole Sam Witwiky thing with LaBeouf was a bit of a let-down.
    I mean, I really kind of like Shia LaBeouf, but he didn't seem too interested in acting in those movies.

Mark Wahlberg... well, there is only so much you can do with a human protagonist in a movie about giant robots, but he tries. I mean, he could probably make ordering at a drive thru seem intense.

So, to me, the original was meh, Revenge of the Fallen was ugh, Dark of the moon was meh, and Age of extinction was hmmm, so the series seems to be heading upwards. I might just give it a shot...and in theaters, maybe.
    As for Bay's style, I want to like it, but the whole particulate-metal/almost-liquid thing he does with the transformations and such is just too busy. Plus, it would seem a weak spot in the coherency of the robots.
    You know, what? I just don't like his character/vehicle designs at all.
    Way back when my wife and I watched "America's Next Top Model" together (when it was decent to do so) Tyra Banks told the girls how to get the right facial expression: it was to crank it up to ten and then back it down to a seven or eight. Well, Bay cranks it up to ten and then sees if he can go a little further. A little nuance and subtlety can go a long way.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson December 7th 2016, 10:22 pm

I wish Michael Bay's movies weren't so darned long. It's one thing to go nuts with the big-budget blockbuster tropes, but to do it for two or three hours? Whenever I finish watching one his films, my eyes feel the same way my stomach does after I eat a whole family-sized bag of potato chips or Fritos. Or I assume it does. I've not actually done that in a long time.

I still haven't finished Pain & Gain.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 8th 2016, 10:07 am

mikel.withers wrote:
    Mark Wahlberg... he could probably make ordering at a drive thru seem intense.

LOL of the morning! Great way to start my day! Thank you!

It's those forehead wrinkles. Workin' for him.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 2:48 am