Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV

Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV Empty Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV

Post  Reed Benson December 7th 2016, 10:33 pm

Found this linked on the sidebar of Paeter's FF XV video. You've probably all seen it already, but in case you haven't, I wanted to share it because I really got a kick out of it. Conan O'Brien plays the game with Frodo Baggins (aka that kid from the diner scene in Back to the Future Part II), and neither of them seem to like it much more than Paeter did.

Warning: Brief profanity and one or two lines of innuendo.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV Empty Re: Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV

Post  Paeter December 8th 2016, 10:10 am

I actually saw that before playing and assumed they just didn't "get it" cuz they don't play RPGs.

www.spiritblade.com
    Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Activity : 53
    Geek-Cred : 0

Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV Empty I like it

Post  Battlemech37 January 25th 2017, 6:07 pm

I've been playing it - and enjoy it so far. Maybe about 15-20 hours in. I did take a break from it, so I'm not sure if that says anything about the ability to hold my interest. But I do want to go back to it.

I admire they tried something new with the open world. Not sure if I think it feels like a believable place though, but it's fun running around exploring. Would also like a few more options for party members that you could travel with, but again, I understand how they wanted it to feel like a bunch of friends on a trip together.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV Empty Re: Conan O'Brien Rags on FINAL FANTASY XV

Post  Paeter January 26th 2017, 1:12 pm

Battlemech37 wrote:
    I admire they tried something new with the open world. Not sure if I think it feels like a believable place though, but it's fun running around exploring. Would also like a few more options for party members that you could travel with, but again, I understand how they wanted it to feel like a bunch of friends on a trip together.

Yeah, I definitely didn't enjoy my experience with it overall, but I wish now I would have mentioned in my review that I admire their willingness to adopt the open world mechanism and learn from western rpgs a bit. It didn't ultimately work for me in the end, but I tip my hat to them for approaching development on this with greater humility than they've had before.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 11:18 pm