Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP)

PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Activity : 84
    Geek-Cred : 3

Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) Empty Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP)

Post  PhoenixFire January 5th 2017, 3:12 am

Hey everybody! I don’t know if anyone here remembers me, but I used to post a little bit back in the day. Anyway, while I’ve been away I’ve been pursuing a lot of creative outlets and recently have been blessed to find myself apart of Christian video game development team as the lead writer (which has been a major dream of mine for years)! Our first game is progressing pretty nicely, and I wanted to stop in and show it off a little! Wink

Description:
    “Rise of the King is a third-person action-adventure game with survival elements, set within a medieval fantasy world. You will have to survive as you travel across the dangerous lands on your journey to find answers as you investigate the disappearance of a missing child. You will explore a sweeping storyline filled with unique characters and meaningful interactions along your journey. Our gameplay is a unique combination of survival, action and investigation mechanics to flesh out a much more dynamic and immersive experience.”

Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) 15823510
    Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) 15781710
    Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) 15781410
    Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) 15826410

We’re currently gearing up for a Kickstarter around the beginning of March. If anyone's interested you can find out more and join our mailing list at www.rotkgame.com

Thanks for letting me shamelessly plug lol Wink
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) Empty Re: Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP)

Post  mikel.withers January 5th 2017, 9:41 am

That looks pretty good.
    I don't know about "investigation mechanics" though... "mindless slaughter" usually sells better. What a Face

Oooh, I just gave myself an idea... a game about a Crusade against heretics called "Caedite Eos"...but I digress.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) Empty Re: Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP)

Post  Paeter January 5th 2017, 9:45 am

Sweet! The trailer looks and sounds beautiful! Gameplay description sounds right up my alley, too! I've subscribed to the updates and would love to help spread the word when the Kickstarter begins!

www.spiritblade.com
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 6th 2017, 2:32 pm

Thanks guys! Smile

Paeter wrote:Sweet! The trailer looks and sounds beautiful! Gameplay description sounds right up my alley, too! I've subscribed to the updates and would love to help spread the word when the Kickstarter begins!
    That would be awesome! We don't really have a real marketing budget, so any kind of grass-roots support we can garner is a tremendous help!
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings January 6th 2017, 9:37 pm

This looks awesome. I love epic fantasy. The adventure/survival element sounds right up my alley, and the graphics look incredible.

I'll give you a plug in my monthly bulletin video.
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 7th 2017, 3:57 pm

AdamCollings wrote:This looks awesome. I love epic fantasy. The adventure/survival element sounds right up my alley, and the graphics look incredible.

I'll give you a plug in my monthly bulletin video.

Thanks man, that would be awesome! I'd love a link to that video! Smile
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 9th 2017, 1:17 pm

Here's a screenshot of our custom character model...Still WIP, but progressing Smile

Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) Greyso10
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers January 9th 2017, 3:06 pm

As someone who has built functional armor in the past, I have a disinclination towards a lot of fantasy/completely-unfunctional-and-downright-dangerous-to-the-wearer armor. I like that what I have seen of yours seems perfectly functional and historically based.
    Are you sticking to that?
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 10th 2017, 1:27 am

mikel.withers wrote:As someone who has built functional armor in the past, I have a disinclination towards a lot of fantasy/completely-unfunctional-and-downright-dangerous-to-the-wearer armor. I like that what I have seen of yours seems perfectly functional and historically based.
    Are you sticking to that?

Yes we are! Glad you noticed and approve! Very Happy

That's really awesome! What kind of armor have you made?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 10th 2017, 9:32 am

mikel.withers wrote:As someone who has built functional armor in the past, I have a disinclination towards a lot of fantasy/completely-unfunctional-and-downright-dangerous-to-the-wearer armor. I like that what I have seen of yours seems perfectly functional and historically based.

As someone not cool enough to have built my own armor, but who digs a serious, grounded or realistic look to fantasy wardrobe, I'm also super impressed. Can't wait to hear more about this game!

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers January 10th 2017, 9:45 am

Phoenixfire, I worked with an artist, Paul Andre -Nikkitta Armories, making armor for Renn Faire jousters.
    I also made a mail ...not quite hauberk, but shirt, and a number of coifs and aventails.

I ... I don't know if there is any online pictures these days, but I'll give it a search when I get a moment
    Wait... I can't believe it, my old Geocities page is still up.
    http://www.geocities.ws/rhoetus/gallery1.html
    http://www.geocities.ws/rhoetus/dave.html
    http://www.geocities.ws/rhoetus/Gallery4.html

I'd post pics right here, but I have a history of messing that up.
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 10th 2017, 11:27 pm

mikel.withers wrote:Phoenixfire, I worked with an artist, Paul Andre -Nikkitta Armories, making armor for Renn Faire jousters.
    I also made a mail ...not quite hauberk, but shirt, and a number of coifs and aventails.

I ... I don't know if there is any online pictures these days, but I'll give it a search when I get a moment
    Wait... I can't believe it, my old Geocities page is still up.
    http://www.geocities.ws/rhoetus/gallery1.html
    http://www.geocities.ws/rhoetus/dave.html
    http://www.geocities.ws/rhoetus/Gallery4.html

I'd post pics right here, but I have a history of messing that up.

Dude! Really beautiful! Thanks for linking! Smile

Paeter wrote:As someone not cool enough to have built my own armor, but who digs a serious, grounded or realistic look to fantasy wardrobe, I'm also super impressed. Can't wait to hear more about this game!

Thanks for the excitement! Right now we're struggling with marketing and publicity...I don't know how people do it lol
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers January 11th 2017, 10:09 am

Uh... I'm a bit slow on the uptake, apparently, but I'm part of a Christian gaming group (CS7) and I'll post a link over there.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 11th 2017, 10:47 am

PhoenixFire wrote:

Thanks for the excitement! Right now we're struggling with marketing and publicity...I don't know how people do it lol

You and me both! How long will your kickstarter last once it starts? Have you considered getting in touch with Theology Gaming? In fact you might use the links on our portal page at christiangeekcentral.com to find podcasts and websites that might be interested in helping to spread the word.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings January 11th 2017, 5:35 pm

PhoenixFire, would you be happy for me to show a few clips from your trailer in my bulletin video when I talk about the game?
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 12th 2017, 1:06 am

mikel.withers wrote:Uh... I'm a bit slow on the uptake, apparently, but I'm part of a Christian gaming group (CS7) and I'll post a link over there.

That would be amazing! Thanks dude! Very Happy

AdamCollings wrote:PhoenixFire, would you be happy for me to show a few clips from your trailer in my bulletin video when I talk about the game?
    Sure man! That would be awesome! We have a few small game-play videos on our youtube channel that you're totally welcome to use in addition if you'd like! Very Happy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL-LVOzEWxXkd_B9pVo9ATw

Paeter wrote:You and me both! How long will your kickstarter last once it starts? Have you considered getting in touch with Theology Gaming? In fact you might use the links on our portal page at christiangeekcentral.com to find podcasts and websites that might be interested in helping to spread the word.

The Kickstarter will most likely run for a month, so it'll last till April (I believe, I'm not directly involved in the planning of that...I've have more details in the coming weeks).
    Thanks, I'll give those links a look! Smile

Thanks so much for the support guys! We appreciate it so much!
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings January 14th 2017, 2:47 am

My video went live today. Hopefully it will get some more attention for your game.

PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 14th 2017, 10:20 pm

AdamCollings wrote:My video went live today. Hopefully it will get some more attention for your game.

Awesome! Thank you so much! Very Happy
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 17th 2017, 2:15 pm

Character Reveal Very Happy

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter January 18th 2017, 9:53 am

Cool! I like a protagonist with a touch of age on him. We tend to be over obsessed with youth, so a dude with a nice full beard is a cool and interesting choice. Makes me more likely to ask "what has he lived through"?

www.spiritblade.com
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire January 23rd 2017, 12:01 pm

Paeter wrote:Cool! I like a protagonist with a touch of age on him. We tend to be over obsessed with youth, so a dude with a nice full beard is a cool and interesting choice. Makes me more likely to ask "what has he lived through"?

Glad you dig it! Smile
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire February 20th 2017, 4:48 pm

Update: We've had our heads down feverishly working on details for our upcoming Kickstarter...but I wanted to post our wolf combat video to show some actual gameplay!

Also, I want to take a moment to shoot straight: Our Kickstarter is fast approaching (starts March 1st), and our numbers aren't fantastic. We know numbers don't matter when we serve a limitless God, and we know He often makes things look impossible so that only He alone can receive the glory. I say that because I'm trusting God to work a miracle with this game, but that does not absolve us as believers from acting. I'm asking you if you would pray for us? Pray that the Lord would be magnified! Smile
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers February 21st 2017, 8:59 am

Looks real good.
    I'll pray for your support as well.
    PhoenixFire
    PhoenixFire

Post  PhoenixFire March 27th 2017, 11:22 am

Hey all, sorry for the lack of news. We ended up having a few setbacks and had to delay our Kickstarter to early April. We're still going forward and placing the result in the Lord's most capable hands. Smile

Here are some concept pieces we're going to be using for publicity of our campaign. Artist is Kirk Quilaquil

Frozen Mountain Landscape Concept.
    Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) CoFOdna

Wolf Combat Concept.
    Rise of the King - Christian Video Game (WIP) 9Hpd9bh

Also, thanks again for everyone's support and kind words! Smile
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings March 27th 2017, 6:36 pm

I love the mountain landscape concept image!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 3:50 am