Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Coffeehouse: In what ways can religious people today be like the Jews of Paul's time?

WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Coffeehouse: In what ways can religious people today be like the Jews of Paul's time? Empty Coffeehouse: In what ways can religious people today be like the Jews of Paul's time?

Post  WhiteBoy October 4th 2010, 2:31 pm

The legalism of the Jews is still rampant today. I think by nature we tend to want to rely on ourselves. When it comes to religion, this is manifested by "if I follow all the rules (or at least enough of them) I'll go to heaven." But the Bible is clear that salvation is not in ourselves, but it's all an act of Christ and without Him we can do nothing but sin.

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Coffeehouse: In what ways can religious people today be like the Jews of Paul's time? Empty Re: Coffeehouse: In what ways can religious people today be like the Jews of Paul's time?

Post  Rickster October 4th 2010, 7:25 pm

Oh my gosh I love how God works.
    I have a friend who runs a Facebook page for Christian movies and knowing that a lot of filmmakers are fans of the page she posted that her friend was looking for a director for a secular horror/vampire movie knowing that a lot of filmmakers. You wouldn't believe the fall out from that post people were asking if she was a Christian, Saying that she choose to serve money instead of God, One lady even tried to do an exorcisim (sp) on her (I wish I was joking about that). I've seen Chrsitian attack other Christians before (usually when a Christian singer starts having songs on secualr stations) but this was the worst I've ever seen. And the worse thing about it is if a non Christian sees how Christians treat each other it's going to turn them off from Jesus Christ possible for good

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 8:29 pm