Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Horror Movies

Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Horror Movies Empty Horror Movies

Post  Dunadwarf October 4th 2010, 5:03 pm

Let me get this out of the way first. I don't like horror movies. That being said, since Halloween is coming in a few weeks, I was wondering which horror movies (if any) you've liked and disliked.
    I recently watched the original "Night of the Living Dead" (only because it was a Rifftrax, but still...) and I found it interesting. That movie, at least, definitely had a deeper subtext. I might even do a review of it if Paeter's interested in a REALLY Retro Review.
    What about you guys? Which creepy-crawlers do you want to discuss?
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Horror Movies Empty Re: Horror Movies

Post  mindspike October 5th 2010, 11:03 am

The original Night of the Living Dead kept me up at night, no doubt. My absolute favorite horror movie of all time is "In the Mouth of Madness". Talk about subtext! Plus John Carpenter's heavy metal theme...

Lived any good books lately?

When horror author Sutter Caine's work becomes "more popular than the Bible", the reality of his Cthuluhu-esque stories begins writing itself over the world we know. Anyone who reads his new book goes insane, and the good news? There's a movie adaptation that does the same thing.....

The implication is not that reality is subjective, but that these things are only kept at bay because human belief/worship/attention generates the spiritual power that fuels otherworldly entities. A popular premise used to transcendent effect.

For a completely different, but still intriguing horror movie, check out John Carpenter's Halloween 1,2,4,5. Beneath the standard slasher fare, Michael Myers is truly scary as a developing avatar of evil.

WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy October 6th 2010, 4:41 pm

The Halloween movies were always the scariest of the slashers to me. It was much more real than Jason and Freddy. I even liked Rob Zombie's remake of the first one (not the second one, tho).

Maybe it's not to some, but Dead Silence was one of the creepiest movies to me I've seen in a while. I think something about child things associated with spookiness... Smile

Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 7th 2010, 9:39 am

WhiteBoy wrote:

Maybe it's not to some, but Dead Silence was one of the creepiest movies to me I've seen in a while. I think something about child things associated with spookiness... Smile

I thought that one was good, too! I remember the producer in me thinking, "This is like a class on how to use (and not use) sound to freak people out!"

My all-time favorite horror movie is John Carpenter's "The Thing". I'm a "creature feature" kinda guy and this one's at the top for me. In the same category, I also dig Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2 and the Alien movies.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 12:09 pm