Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Thor: Ragnarok Teaser

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Thor: Ragnarok Teaser Empty Thor: Ragnarok Teaser

Post  Paeter April 11th 2017, 9:13 am

Here ya go, Marvel fans!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Thor: Ragnarok Teaser Empty Re: Thor: Ragnarok Teaser

Post  AdamCollings April 11th 2017, 6:00 pm

Not the tone I was hoping for, given the title. As I understand, Ragnarok is the end of the world in Norse Mythology. Looks like things get pretty dark for good old Thor in this one. I'm sure this trailer is highlighting the jokey bits because that's what most people like, so there still could be some darker moments in the actual movie.
    Still, it seems like they're trying way too hard to be Guardians of The Galaxy, with the music and the 70s fluro text.

I suspect the movie will be a lot better than this teaser implies to me. Time will tell.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi April 12th 2017, 9:10 am

AdamCollings wrote:it seems like they're trying way too hard to be Guardians of The Galaxy, with the music and the 70s fluro text.

Exactly. A lot of the same. Nothing creative. Lots of spectacle (which is fun) but I'm tired of seeing the same world-ending scenarios in every superhero movie.

BTW, I looked through the credits in IMDB and noticed that Dr. Strange will make an appearance in the film.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 12th 2017, 11:20 am

AdamCollings wrote:
    Still, it seems like they're trying way too hard to be Guardians of The Galaxy, with the music and the 70s fluro text.

I agree. It's no secret that I prefer more dark and emotionally heavy superhero stories, but I could honestly go for lighter stuff too if it had greater variety in comedic style and tone. I feel like Marvel is very business savvy, and that's what's going on here. Some flavor or gimmick works and they immediately try to recapture the lightning in a bottle. But for me, I'd rather have some bold failed experiments with instances of greatness over the same tone used repeatedly.

I did laugh at Thor's reaction to seeing the Hulk. A great moment where performance alone could have carried the humor. But then the joke overstayed its welcome for me (as most Marvel jokes do) when he added the actual dialogue about knowing him from work.

All that said, this does look pretty serious compared to other Marvel flicks. And maybe after the success of Logan they'll still have time and boldness enough to edit the movie in a more serious direction. I actually DO love a lot of things about these characters and appreciate the world they continue building! I just want them to feel free to play with a variety of tones, just like comics do even while sharing continuity.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster August 2nd 2017, 10:46 am

Paeter wrote:
    I did laugh at Thor's reaction to seeing the Hulk. A great moment where performance alone could have carried the humor. But then the joke overstayed its welcome for me (as most Marvel jokes do) when he added the actual dialogue about knowing him from work.

I just read that the "he's a friend from work" line was written by a kid who visited the set through the make a wish foundation
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 3rd 2017, 12:08 pm

Rickster wrote:
    Paeter wrote:

I just read that the "he's a friend from work" line was written by a kid who visited the set through the make a wish foundation

Okay, well I guess I gotta give them that one for free or risk the "cold-hearted jerk" label.

Hmm... I wonder how many make a wish kids they have on set each day when they film these things? That wouldn't make me laugh at the jokes any more, but I'd sure be a lot more understanding and appreciative of their approach to making movies!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 12:25 am