Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+4
AdamCollings
mikel.withers
fxruizx
Wisherkid
8 posters

Looking for my new crew

Wisherkid
    Wisherkid

Activity : 10
    Geek-Cred : 0

Looking for my new crew Empty Looking for my new crew

Post  Wisherkid April 20th 2017, 11:45 pm

Hello everyone! The names Wisher and I am a chirstian, Whovian, Zelda player and general gamer, its nice to meet you! ^.^
    So my mom recommended I find some good christian nerds to hang out with but since those are few and far between (espeshaly ware I live) we settled for finding an online sight for it, anyway I hope you'll stop to talk to me sometime, Take care!
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Looking for my new crew Empty Re: Looking for my new crew

Post  fxruizx April 20th 2017, 11:59 pm

Welcome to the CGC forums Wisher Very Happy, nice to meet you too!
    Other than Zelda what games are you into, and are you mainly a console gamer, or do you do any PC gaming?

And do you have a favorite Dr.? (I only know some of them, my wife is way more a Whovian, than I am, but I'm still curious Smile )
    Wisherkid
    Wisherkid

Post  Wisherkid April 21st 2017, 12:19 am

I main console's, I'v played some Halo and an array of other Nintendo games, mincraft, though who dosent thees day's. I cant rilly do pc becouse I own a mac laptop though when I'm with my frends I play Titan Fall and Overwach on ther computers.

My doctor is 11, 9 was my first. I'm still getting to know the earlier one's
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx April 21st 2017, 12:31 am

Having a Mac Mini, I totally get the mac gaming woes Crying or Very sad

Ah bow tie guy Smile - I think I like the latest one and David Tennant

Are there any nerdy movies you are into?
    Wisherkid
    Wisherkid

Post  Wisherkid April 21st 2017, 12:43 am

Ahh Capaldie, ya he's ok, we call him eyebrows lol. As for movies, well not many, I'm into Star Wars and the Lord of the Rings, the first matrix was ok but the other two I ether havent seen or have blocked from memory. Oh I like the how to train your dragon movies, as well as the books, but the books arent anything like the movies.

But what about you? What are you into? I'm all about exploring!
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx April 21st 2017, 12:50 am

Eyebrows LOL nice!
    SW and LotR respectable choices, though I really like all the Matrix movies - add to that the Back to the Future movies Very Happy

I also love Firefly/Serenity, the newest Voltron series on Netflix, and retro video games (though mainly ones I can get on gog.com). I also am a bit of a podcast nut (subscribed to around 20 What a Face )

For now I need to get to bed though, again welcome Wisher - hope to talk to you on here more Smile
    Wisherkid
    Wisherkid

Post  Wisherkid April 21st 2017, 12:56 am

Oh back to the future ya I loved those! alright well thanks for talking with me! Have a good night
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers April 21st 2017, 8:33 am

Welcome, Wisher!
    I'm a PC gamer, myself. My parents also tell me to make more Christian friends and I'm 42, 41? old enough to forget how old I am.
    Francisco and his 20 podcasts...what a lightweight. :p I'm also a big podcast nerd -it is really why I'm on this forum to begin with. Do you listen to any podcasts? There are some really great Christian Geek/Nerd podcasts out there.
    I really liked the original How to Train movie, but I fear I never went further... do they maintain the good quality?
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx April 21st 2017, 9:02 am

mikel.withers wrote:My parents also tell me to make more Christian friends and I'm 42, 41? old enough to forget how old I am.
    HAHA Laughing
    mikel.withers wrote:Francisco and his 20 podcasts...what a lightweight. :p
    I recounted and its 30 actually, not quite matching my age like you Mikel Razz hehe - But that's really cool that you found CGC/SB via the podcast, I didn't know that Very Happy
    Wisherkid
    Wisherkid

Post  Wisherkid April 22nd 2017, 12:59 pm

I dont know what exactly a podcast is, so I'd have to say no on that, but as for the How to Train your Dragon seary's I'd say it was grate thruout the hole thing, oh cores Hicup pulled a Nevle Longbotome on us but otherwise he's the same.

mikel.withers wrote:Welcome, Wisher!
    I'm a PC gamer, myself. My parents also tell me to make more Christian friends and I'm 42, 41? old enough to forget how old I am.
    Francisco and his 20 podcasts...what a lightweight. :p I'm also a big podcast nerd -it is really why I'm on this forum to begin with. Do you listen to any podcasts? There are some really great Christian Geek/Nerd podcasts out there.
    I really liked the original How to Train movie, but I fear I never went further... do they maintain the good quality?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers April 22nd 2017, 4:34 pm

A podcast is a recorded audio or audio + visual show that you can listen to from the internet. They use iTunes or Stitcher or sometimes just an MP3 download or Youtube video.
    So, if you went to any of the sites at the bottom of the forum you will see 4 podcast "shows".
    https://www.spiritblade.com/sbupodcast/
    http://strangersandaliens.com/
    http://www.untoldpodcast.com/
    http://theologygaming.com/podcastgen/
    and we shouldn't forget xfruiz's http://retrorewindpodcast.com

There are many others, but those are the ones associated with the guys from this forum. (that I am familiar with)
    You can listen to some great content while you game or do whatever.
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx April 22nd 2017, 4:45 pm

I was just about to respond but Mikel summed it up pretty well. The only other way I would describe them is: they are like talk radio shows but on topics and with hosts you actually WANT to listen to Cool Very Happy

Also thank you Mikel for listing Retro Rewind Podcast along side the official CGC podcasts What a Face
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings April 22nd 2017, 6:25 pm

Hi Wisher.

If you're looking for Christian Nerds you've definitely found the right place. This is a very special community.

My wife and I are Whovians. I've never been able to answer the "who is your favourite doctor" question though. Kinda like asking to choose between my children. The classic stuff is definitely worth checking out. Tom Baker is a bit of a highlight of the old days.

Do you play Zelda on the new Switch? One of my work-mates likes Zelda, and brought his Switch in to work to show me. He plays it during his lunch break.

If you wanna check out a podcast, I would suggest that the essential place to start would be the Spirit Blade Underground podcast, which is the official podcast of this community. Peater posts it weekly on the home page of ChristianGeekCentral.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter April 24th 2017, 12:35 pm

Hi Wisherkid!

Sorry I'm late to this party! We've been in the middle of moving from one house to another the last week or so.

Been hearing great things about Breath Of The Wild! I'm pretty big into open-world games these days. Currently playing through multiple Far Cry games, Assassin's Creed 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Watch Dogs 2 as well as Sleeping Dogs and Mad Max when I remember them. I'm also a longtime fan of most kinds of RPGs. (Except the Soul's-type games. Too hard.)

Hope you're doing well and seeing evidence of God's tireless love for you this week!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi April 24th 2017, 1:36 pm

Welcome! Please ignore the creepy old guy in the corner mumbling to himself about Bibleman.

Twitter
    Instagram
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx April 24th 2017, 1:55 pm

jorowi wrote:Welcome! Please ignore the creepy old guy in the corner mumbling to himself about Bibleman.

Looking for my new crew UeO55IC
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve April 25th 2017, 5:27 am

Yay, another Whovian in the house!

I've been a fan since the Doctor was all hair and teeth - I definitely recommend checking out the Tom Baker years if you get the chance! Of the NuWho Doctors, 10 has yet to be beaten for me.

I won't talk about games, the most modern game I play regularly is the original Grand Theft Auto...

Anyway, I hope you'll hang around and find this a cool (in a nerdy way) place to be Smile
    Wisherkid
    Wisherkid

Post  Wisherkid April 26th 2017, 5:34 pm

Hey guy's!!! sorry I haven't responded earlier, for some reason I can't log onto my profile from any computer or browser except my laptop and I barely ever have internet on it. Anyway I'm happy to see so many people responding to this and I will definitely be watching the old doctor who's as soon as possible as I seem to have a lot in common with Tom baker, has anyone hear ever played undertale? its my new favorite game and I'm wanting someone ells who's as into games as me to look it over. I actually use a quote from the game as my signature! Very Happy
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx April 26th 2017, 5:37 pm

Definitely know of Undertale, but have not played it. What about it do you like so much Very Happy?
    Wisherkid
    Wisherkid

Post  Wisherkid April 26th 2017, 5:42 pm

Really I love the story and the personality of the caricatures, I don't know how much I should spoil though as it is a game best gon into blind, it was a game that makes you think, in a lot of way's, how much do you know as is?
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Post  fxruizx April 26th 2017, 9:32 pm

Wisherkid wrote:how much do you know as is?
    Only what it looks like, and that it is a cult hit - I watched a bit of a let's play of it a while back. That's about it thought Smile
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy April 27th 2017, 8:40 am

Welcome, Wisherkid.  As you can tell, you'll find all kinds of Christian geeks around here.  

I've not watched any Dr. Who in a LONG time, but I need to check it out one of these days.

I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan, too, and Lord of the Rings and Matrix are some of my favorites, too.  I'm pretty into the Marvel movies, too, and I enjoy the occasional scary movie, too.

Something I'd recommend checking out if you have Netflix is a show call Stranger Things.  Then, if you want, you can listen to a podcast where they talk about it called Stranger Themes.

I used to be a video gamer, but for the past few years, I'm mainly into board gaming.

Anyway, welcome, and I'll see you around!

Post  Wisherkid April 30th 2017, 10:25 pm

Well I don't understand what you mean by cult, but it is pretty awesome, the game can be a bit involved if your a theorist like me but otherwise its rally simple game, all you do is walk around, doge using arrow keys, and ether Fight, ACT, INVENTORY, or MIRCY.

Hey WhiteBoy, I do not have netflix, we got rid of it when they took doctor who off, are you (or anyone) into Dungeons and Dragons?
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers May 1st 2017, 8:32 am

A "cult classic" or "cult hit" is a movie or game or whatever that has a really dedicated, fanatical group of people who follow it. Usually when most other people don't like it.
    Calling it a "cult" is like comparing it to a real cult in that it is a small group of fanatics who everyone else thinks is wrong, or at least weird.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 1st 2017, 9:03 am

Wisherkid wrote: are you (or anyone) into Dungeons and Dragons?

Definitely a fan! Really I dig paper and pencil RPGs in general and have played superhero rpgs most of my geek life. But in recent years I joined a DnD group and have also started introducing my boys to the game. Tons of fun. Do you play?

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 3:08 am