Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

What Was Your Last "Satisfying Ending"?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Was Your Last "Satisfying Ending"? Empty What Was Your Last "Satisfying Ending"?

Post  Paeter May 2nd 2017, 9:46 am

Just finished the main storyline on Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) on Sunday night (and am now working on a follow-up video about the game's themes). REALLY enjoyed this game. The ending lacked some of the elements I would have liked, but otherwise felt very satisfying, even though it strongly suggested a sequel. By contrast, I feel like many games, comics, shows and other "serialized" kinds of stories can leave you wanting more.

I'm not talking about wanting more because the quality of your experience was outstanding. (I'll ALWAYS want more Farscape.) I mean like the way snack chips taste great, but strategically leave you with an after taste that makes you crave "just one more". Maybe it's a show that never really gives you closure at the end of a season without an equal amount of set up for the next season. Or a massively long video game that just kind of ends abruptly, without the impact you hoped for.

So I'm curious when the last time was that you really enjoyed something, and yet at the end were satisfied enough to say, "Yeah. I'm done with that now."

No story spoilers please, but beyond that I'm interested in how it made you feel!

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

What Was Your Last "Satisfying Ending"? Empty Re: What Was Your Last "Satisfying Ending"?

Post  mikel.withers May 2nd 2017, 10:01 am

My last one would be Netflix's Jessica Jones.
    It does have a serial aspect to it... that is their goal of course, but the season we got was a complete story in itself, and the ending was very satisfying.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

What Was Your Last "Satisfying Ending"? Empty Re: What Was Your Last "Satisfying Ending"?

Post  mindspike May 2nd 2017, 8:51 pm

The last really satisfying ending? One that didn't leave me wanting more of the experience? Yikes...

I may have to go with....

Harry Potter, the books far more than the movies. At the end of book 7, I was completely satisfied and felt there wasn't anywhere else they could have gone with the story. That's a really rare thing.

Avatar the Last Airbender runs a very close second. It was an excellent series with a very satisfying conclusion on pretty much every level. At the end of the show I still wanted more, but I wanted it specifically as an RPG to add my own stories to the show, not more cartoons with Ang.

As for video games, that one's a bit tougher. I played the absolute fire out of the Mark of Kri on PS2 and then went back at the end of the story and unlocked all the extras but then I was done. A better answer would be Zone of the Enders for PS2. I didn't even get to play it, but I bought it and one of my friends played through over the course of a week. It was very cool, but I felt no real need to play it myself afterwards.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 11:49 pm