Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

What Trait Do You Admire In Other Christians?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Trait Do You Admire In Other Christians? Empty What Trait Do You Admire In Other Christians?

Post  Paeter May 2nd 2017, 10:44 am

Been thinking about this question in light of my prep for "In Search Of Truth" this week.

The first that comes to mind is "a genuinely transformed perspective". It's one thing to affirm a bunch of truths academically. I do that all the time. But it's another to trust in the reality of those truths so much that it changes the default, reflexive way you view the world. I'm taking about that place beyond where you're trying to trust and believe in what you know is true. The place where it is an obvious truth to you.

When I see a Christian handle an inconvenience with contented trust in God's sovereignty, or when they endure personal attacks with nothing but concern for their attackers, it's amazing to me. I'm so blessed to be in a church community where I get to see, in real life, how some strikingly mature believers navigate the messes of daily life. I'd love to be more like them.

How about you? What traits come to mind in other believers that you really admire?

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

What Trait Do You Admire In Other Christians? Empty Re: What Trait Do You Admire In Other Christians?

Post  mikel.withers May 3rd 2017, 9:44 am

Fervor.
    I think our modern, American culture is too easy. -not that it doesn't have its own trials and tribulations, but that being a "Christian" doesn't take much effort, or thought, or conviction or anything to do with Christianity for that matter. You just go with the flow, share an occasional religious sounding meme and you're good to go.
    So I admire when I see someone who goes beyond that, someone who puts actual thought into their faith, who serves others, and who makes waves.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

What Trait Do You Admire In Other Christians? Empty Re: What Trait Do You Admire In Other Christians?

Post  Reed Benson May 4th 2017, 5:37 am

I agree with all of the above. I admire the passion and desire of so many other people. I myself am frustratingly lazy and apathetic most of the time. It's so hard for me to get motivated to do much of anything when left to my own devices.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 5:35 pm