Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+3
AdamCollings
Rickster
Paeter
7 posters

What Summer Movie Are You Most Excited For?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Summer Movie Are You Most Excited For? Empty What Summer Movie Are You Most Excited For?

Post  Paeter May 9th 2017, 8:29 am

The Summer movie season arguably starts sometime this month. So what movie are you most excited about as you endure the heat (or cold if you're Adam Collings)?

It's a real tough choice for me. The Dark Tower could easily end up being my favorite of the season when all is said and done. Can't tell from the trailer, but it's a real hunch.
    Wonder Woman could be the awesomeist for me, but I'm definitely still thinking "we'll see" despite my optimism.
    I think I stand the best chance of really enjoying Alien: Covenant. So I guess that will be my final answer.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What Summer Movie Are You Most Excited For? Empty Re: What Summer Movie Are You Most Excited For?

Post  Rickster May 9th 2017, 1:58 pm

I don't know if it's the depression but there hasn't been anything I'm really excited for (even races).
    I know the next big movie I want to see is Pirates of The Caribbean and then I think Spider-Man and not a movie but I'm going to a Kingdom Hearts Orchestra Concert in June
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

What Summer Movie Are You Most Excited For? Empty Re: What Summer Movie Are You Most Excited For?

Post  AdamCollings May 9th 2017, 8:27 pm

Wonder Woman for me. It'll be a super-geeky date night for my wife and me. We'll have to wear our superhero T shirts and maybe even do a video review together if she's up for it.

My two non-negotiable cinema trips this year are Wonder Woman and Justice League. Anything beyond that is a bonus.
    I don't think JL counts as a summer movie though, 'cause you'll be well into Autumn by November right?

I'll try to see Thor if I can. Spiderman is another potential, but if I don't make it, I'll catch it on BluRay. Between the two, Thor rates higher on my priorities. We're saving up for a cruise at the end of the year, so may not wanna fork out for tickets.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike May 10th 2017, 1:00 pm

Summer movies means the drive-in for me, where I can relax without actually having to go to a proper theater. I'm looking forward to seeing Guardians 2, Spider-Man, and Pirates. If Kong is still playing by the time I get out there, I think that would be pretty awesome. I'll also probably get dragged to see Cars 3. Mostly, I'm content to wait for a home video release.

mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers May 10th 2017, 1:40 pm

I don't care a fig for Thor so far... except, that trailer has me very excited to see the movie.
    When I went to see GotG2 with my wife, the trailer came up, and she wants to see it too. Because "you go girl" to the "cool bad guy woman with the wrinkles around her eyes".
    If that movie is anything like the last two Thor movies...or any MCU bit with him in it, then the crew that made the trailer deserve Oscars for their performance.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 11th 2017, 9:24 am

mindspike wrote:Summer movies means the drive-in for me, where I can relax without actually having to go to a proper theater.

Dude, that sounds really nice! I think if I wasn't such a control freak regarding the quality of my viewing experience I'd REALLY enjoy the novelty of the Drive In.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 11th 2017, 9:26 am

mikel.withers wrote:I don't care a fig for Thor so far... except, that trailer has me very excited to see the movie.
    When I went to see GotG2 with my wife, the trailer came up, and she wants to see it too. Because "you go girl" to the "cool bad guy woman with the wrinkles around her eyes".

Yeah, LOVE the visual design of that character. And I think that's the actress that played the love interest character from Mystery Men, isn't it?

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Post  mikel.withers May 11th 2017, 10:28 am

Had to look it up, it is Cate Blanchett, but we might know her better as Galadriel.

jazzact13

Activity : 267
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  jazzact13 May 13th 2017, 1:21 am

Trying to get past DC/Marvel, Dunkirk could be worth a look, and I'm have anticipation/apprehension about the Valerian movie. Think I might give the King Arthur movie a look, too.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson May 14th 2017, 11:06 pm

I'm interested in Guardians, Thor, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, and The Dark Tower to varying degrees. It's looking less and less likely that I'll see Guardians in the theater, but I have some friends who might like to see Thor and/or Spider-Man with me. Maybe - just maybe - my wife will be interested in Wonder Woman. That's probably my most anticipated, but really, none of these seem like films I must see in the theater, as frugal as I am. Not even sure if The Dark Tower will get a Chinese release.

War for the Planet of the Apes would probably be near the top of my list if I'd been able to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I liked Rise of..., but Dawn of... hasn't appeared on any streaming services I've subscribed to, so I haven't gotten the chance to see it.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings May 17th 2017, 9:06 pm

[quote="Reed Benson"I have some friends who might like to see Thor and/or Spider-Man with me. Maybe - just maybe - my wife will be interested in Wonder Woman.[/quote]

Reed, do you prefer to go to the cinema with other people, rather than alone?
    I have noticed that some people only like to go to the cinema if it is with other people. I'm just curious about how people differ on this, and why.

Personally, I am quite happy going to see a movie at the cinema by myself. I very much go to be engrossed in the story. I appreciate the bigger screen and sound system, which my TV at home can't compete with, and seeing it straight away if it's something I'm really anticipating.
    I do also enjoy going with other people, whether it's a date with my wife, or a special family time with the kids, or going with a mate. It can be fun to have someone to discuss the movie with afterwards. I guess I like both, because as an introvert I find the solitary movie trip very appealing.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 18th 2017, 11:31 am

mikel.withers wrote:Had to look it up, it is Cate Blanchett, but we might know her better as Galadriel.

Holy crap, I had to check myself to believe it! She looks so different! Cool, though!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson May 18th 2017, 11:20 pm

AdamCollings wrote:
    Reed, do you prefer to go to the cinema with other people, rather than alone?
    I have noticed that some people only like to go to the cinema if it is with other people. I'm just curious about how people differ on this, and why.

Personally, I am quite happy going to see a movie at the cinema by myself. I very much go to be engrossed in the story. I appreciate the bigger screen and sound system, which my TV at home can't compete with, and seeing it straight away if it's something I'm really anticipating.
    I do also enjoy going with other people, whether it's a date with my wife, or a special family time with the kids, or going with a mate. It can be fun to have someone to discuss the movie with afterwards. I guess I like both, because as an introvert I find the solitary movie trip very appealing.

It's not so much that I prefer to go to the movies with people, but that other people wanting to go gives me a reason to leave the house, take the bus(es) and/or subway, pay for the ticket(s), and most likely pay for lunch or dinner (it's very rare for a movie to have an English showing here that doesn't run up against one mealtime or the other).

If money wasn't an object -or if the theaters closest to my home were cheaper - I'd probably go see a lot of movies on my own. As it stands, I can usually wait until something is streaming. Only Star Wars and the bigger Marvel (and perhaps DC) movies really behoove me to get to the cinema.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 7:16 am