Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

That Guy With The Glasses

Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

That Guy With The Glasses Empty That Guy With The Glasses

Post  Dunadwarf October 13th 2010, 5:33 pm

If you're interested in some hilarious (and helpful) reviews and skits and such, go check out THIS SITE.
    This was referenced on Paeter's podcast last summer, but here's a thread in which we can discuss the various reveiws and reviewers. I know of five that I like:
    Nostalgia Critic - Doug Walker, the founder of the site and titular "Guy With the Glasses" reviews TV shows and movies from the late 80's to the end of the 90's. He's my favorite, but be prepared for terrible language, suggestive jokes and snark. If that doesn't bother you, check him out!
    Bum Reviews - Doug Walker also does 2-3 movie reviews as "Chester A. Bum", who thinks every newly-released movie is "the greatest movie I've ever seen in my life!" The same concerns about Nostalgia Critic apply to the Bum.
    Nostalgia Chick - Lindsay Ellis is a grad student who reviews the same kinds of things as Nostalgia Critic, and from the same era, but the stuff is the 'girlie' stuff of the time, such as "She-Ra" and "My Little Pony". She's not as funny as Nostalgia Critic, but still pretty good. She's not as commonly crude as Doug Walker, but when she is, she's often over the top crude.
    The Spoony Experiment - Noah Antwiler reviews video games (and occasionally old B-movies like, I kid you not, "Clones of Bruce Lee". He's almost as good as Nostalgia Critic, and far less crude (though I promise nothing). He's infamous for disdaining "Final Fantasy", especially the later incarnations, has done a 10-part demolition job on FF8 and is currently working on doing the same for FF10.
    Linkara/Atop the Fourth Wall - Lewis Lovehaug reviews bad comics, such as Frank Miller's "growing insanity" and awful, continuity-blasting one-shots and/or series. He's a self-professed Christian and only rarely swears at all. I suspect he and Paeter and on much the same wavelength, such as deriding Dan Didio and joining the Geoff Johns bandwagon.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

That Guy With The Glasses Empty Re: That Guy With The Glasses

Post  Paeter October 13th 2010, 6:50 pm

Thanks for the info! Been forever since I went there. Sounds like I need to go back!

www.spiritblade.com
    ProfessorAlan
    ProfessorAlan

Activity : 115
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  ProfessorAlan October 27th 2010, 4:50 pm

I watch Linkara and Nostalgia Girl, pretty regularly, from that site.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 6:03 am