Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie? Empty Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

Post  Paeter June 22nd 2017, 9:24 am

It's a little late for this week's podcast ep., but I'd be interested in getting a written or audio review of the new transformers movie from someone who has enjoyed others in this series. I specify it that way because, although I'm obviously not opposed to presenting negative reviews I try not to seek them out or set myself up for them (which is why I'm not reviewing this movie). So if you think you've got a good chance at getting some enjoyment out of the new movie and would like to give your thoughts afterward, positive or negative, I'd love to share them on the show!

You can leave your thoughts here or e-mail them to me at paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)com.

Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie? Empty Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

Post  jorowi June 22nd 2017, 9:47 am

Paeter wrote:It's a little late for this week's podcast ep., but I'd be interested in getting a written or audio review of the new transformers movie from someone who has enjoyed others in this series. I specify it that way because, although I'm obviously not opposed to presenting negative reviews I try not to seek them out or set myself up for them (which is why I'm not reviewing this movie). So if you think you've got a good chance at getting some enjoyment out of the new movie and would like to give your thoughts afterward, positive or negative, I'd love to share them on the show!

You can leave your thoughts here or e-mail them to me at paeter(at)spiritblade(dot)com.

Thanks!

If you're talking about the original 1986 one, yeah. The latest ones are garbage.

Twitter
    Instagram
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie? Empty Re: Any Transformer Movie Fan Want To Review The New Movie?

Post  AdamCollings June 22nd 2017, 8:30 pm

John, have you seen all the new ones? I saw the first three, but haven't seen the fourth (which introduced Grimlock.) I kinda had hopes from the trailer, that it might have been a little better than the first three, but haven't yet tested that theory.

That 1986 movie also has a special place in my heart. It rocked my world as a kid. My wife bought it on DVD for my son a few years back. I nearly wet myself. It stood up pretty well, as much as a kid's cartoon can after you've grown up.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi June 23rd 2017, 12:35 pm

AdamCollings wrote:John, have you seen all the new ones? I saw the first three, but haven't seen the fourth…

I stopped after the first three. I can't afford to lose any more brain cells.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 23rd 2017, 12:38 pm

AdamCollings wrote:John, have you seen all the new ones? I saw the first three, but haven't seen the fourth (which introduced Grimlock.) I kinda had hopes from the trailer, that it might have been a little better than the first three, but haven't yet tested that theory.

That 1986 movie also has a special place in my heart. It rocked my world as a kid. My wife bought it on DVD for my son a few years back. I nearly wet myself. It stood up pretty well, as much as a kid's cartoon can after you've grown up.

Yeah, I'm jumping on this rabbit trail...

I own the soundtrack to that movie! "You got the touch... You got the powaaaaaaaaahhhhh! YEAH!"

"Instruments of destructiooooon! Tools of fowl plaayyyyyyyy!"

Years ago I had a bunch of songs from that movie on a workout CD. Nothing like guys musically screaming motivational phrases about how great or powerful you are to help you finish that final lap around the park.

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate July 26th 2017, 11:33 am

I enjoyed the first four well enough, although yes they are meant for 12 year old boys and no I am not one of those. I know they have some issues, some of which terrible, but frankly I don't care. It's entertaining enough for a one time watch.

Haven't gotten round to watching the fifth yet though, I'm hoping it'll still be in theaters next week.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 27th 2017, 9:02 am

ComiKate wrote:I enjoyed the first four well enough, although yes they are meant for 12 year old boys and no I am not one of those. I know they have some issues, some of which terrible, but frankly I don't care. It's entertaining enough for a one time watch.

Haven't gotten round to watching the fifth yet though, I'm hoping it'll still be in theaters next week.

Well if you'd like to share your thoughts it sounds like yours might be the kind of perspective I'm looking for!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 12:28 am