Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

can i use spirit blade?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

can i use spirit blade? Empty can i use spirit blade?

Post  Rickster October 14th 2010, 12:55 am

My final project for this class I'm taking is making a :30 psa for the department (music radio and television) and I thought it would be fun to do one talking about all the different types of jobs a recording engineer can do and would like to use a couple seconds of spirit blade to represent audio dramas. Is that alright?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

can i use spirit blade? Empty Re: can i use spirit blade?

Post  Paeter October 14th 2010, 1:14 am

Yep! Only please do not use the original mix of Spirit Blade. (The original mix is no longer a good representation of the company.)

Any of the others (Dark Ritual, Spirit Blade: Special Edition, Pilgrim's Progress) would be fine. Feel free to use promotional materials from spiritblade.net/freestuff as well. (You might be able to find an interesting clip more quickly by pulling it from a trailer.)

If it would fit appropriately, please throw in "audio drama clip provided by spiritblade.net" at/near the end. But if that would be disruptive to what you're doing, don't worry about it.

Thanks! Have fun and good luck with the class project! Let me know if I can help in any other way!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 14th 2010, 4:32 am

Yeah I guess I should mention that it's a TV class so I'll have a picture of the Spirit Blade CD cover along with the Audio but I only have the original Spirit Blade at the moment. (hmm maybe I can convince my parents to get me Dark Ritual since I need it for school LOL) What scene to you think would you recommend? I might also use the video of you doing the Dragon sounds to represent Folley Artist
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 14th 2010, 3:43 pm

Rickster wrote:Yeah I guess I should mention that it's a TV class so I'll have a picture of the Spirit Blade CD cover along with the Audio but I only have the original Spirit Blade at the moment. (hmm maybe I can convince my parents to get me Dark Ritual since I need it for school LOL) What scene to you think would you recommend? I might also use the video of you doing the Dragon sounds to represent Folley Artist

Hmm. I'd have a hard time recommending a scene without knowing what the purpose of your project is. Can you give me an idea of what you want to convey about the creation of audio drama? You might try using part of a trailer from spiritblade.net/freestuff, or something from another feature on that page.

That video certainly would work well for foley. (And some of the hazards that come with it!)

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster October 14th 2010, 6:06 pm

I'm still working on the script but the basic idea is to say that even though it's the Music department you don't have to have a career in music you can have a career recording audio for Movies, TV, Vidoe games, Animation, Audio Dramas with a 2-3 seconds clip of each of the type.
    The Basic point is to make a commercial that (if good enough) will air on the School's local cabel channel and get people interested in learning more about the department.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 15th 2010, 12:55 am

Sounds to me like your best bet would be to use something from one of the trailers.

http://www.spiritblade.net/downloads/Spirit%20Blade%20Trailer.mp3

http://www.spiritblade.net/downloads/DarkRitualTrailer.mp3

http://www.spiritblade.net/downloads/PilgrimsProgressTrailer.mp3

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 12:39 am