Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

New Justice League Trailer

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Justice League Trailer Empty New Justice League Trailer

Post  Paeter July 26th 2017, 9:46 am

Still liking what I'm seeing. The Flash humor may not be my thing, but I like that it at least comes out of who he uniquely is as a character. Oh! I DID like his bit about just pushing people and running away.

I think Aquaman might steal the show in every one of his scenes.

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

New Justice League Trailer Empty Re: New Justice League Trailer

Post  ComiKate July 26th 2017, 12:42 pm

Agree. Aquaman is awesome in this. Flash seems to be written as DC's answer to Spider-man, which is not working for me. Like the tv series better.

Love the chemistry between Diana and Bruce. I don't say this often, but they should ship them, just like in some of the comics.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings July 26th 2017, 6:20 pm

I like the vulnerability they seem to be showing in Flash. He's never been in combat before. I hope they explore this deeply. It's like a soldier being at war for the first time. I imagine that changes a person.

I also liked the little line at the start about this planet having no lanterns to protect it.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 27th 2017, 9:15 am

ComiKate wrote:

Love the chemistry between Diana and Bruce. I don't say this often, but they should ship them, just like in some of the comics.

What does "ship them" mean? I can never keep up with what the cool kids are saying these days.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi July 27th 2017, 11:35 am

See that imposing sky-beam? That's the DCEU getting blasted to bits. DC is trying to hard to emulate the MCU instead of making compelling and entertaining films.

Twitter
    Instagram
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate July 27th 2017, 5:00 pm

Paeter wrote:
    ComiKate wrote:

What does "ship them" mean? I can never keep up with what the cool kids are saying these days.

Get them to have a relationship.
    Is what the cool kids on the internet are saying and which I then shamelessly appropriated. Or maybe they were just some obscure nerds. I mean, what do I know, I'm only a simple foreigner study scratch Very Happy
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 31st 2017, 9:42 am

jorowi wrote:See that imposing sky-beam? That's the DCEU getting blasted to bits. DC is trying to hard to emulate the MCU instead of making compelling and entertaining films.

Not seeing much similarity to Marvel movies here. Can you give a time marker for that sky beam? I have no idea what sky beam you're talk-

Waaaaait a minute. John, did you give some trolling kid your login information?

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 31st 2017, 9:47 am

ComiKate wrote:

Get them to have a relationship.

Gotcha. Yeah, I'd be interested in exploring that! Maybe not all the way. I think Batman has to be haunted, removed and relationally dysfunctional to best be what he is as a character. But they could give it a go and watch it fall apart after a few good times!

Wonder Woman: Bruce, this isn't working anymore.

Batman: You're right. But we'll always have Apokolips.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Post  jorowi July 31st 2017, 1:39 pm

Paeter wrote:Not seeing much similarity to Marvel movies here.

Really? The whole "all the movies are connected so let's have a huge team-up! Doesn't sound like the MCU?

Paeter wrote:Can you give a time marker for that sky beam? I have no idea what sky beam you're talk-

Waaaaait a minute. John, did you give some trolling kid your login information?

Why Paeter, I would NEVER troll you!

Twitter
    Instagram
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike July 31st 2017, 6:22 pm

Paeter, thank you for asking the "ship" question first. I was confused as well.

John, the DCU movies don't seem at all like the Marvel movies to me. The only similarities I see are between the Zack Snyder films and the Guardians of the Galaxy films. The story and character structures are virtually identical.

As for Batman. This may deserve its own thread, but the Batman Paeter describes:
    Paeter wrote: I think Batman has to be haunted, removed and relationally dysfunctional to best be what he is as a character.
    ... is pretty much the exact opposite of what I want to see from the character. My favorite depictions of the character are the stories that show him as the only sane man in an insane world. Batman has seen the worst of what the world has to offer and has persevered. It has enabled him to compete as a human against gods and demigods. He is the world's best detective, a father who has raised multiple children to form strong identities of their own, one of the world's best martial artists, and a strategist par excellence. His tragic past enables him to form strong personal bonds because he knows how important these things are.

Superman has often been compared to an ideal god. Batman would be the ideal man.

jorowi
    Admin

New Justice League Trailer Empty Latest "Justice League" Trailer

Post  jorowi October 10th 2017, 8:11 am

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 10th 2017, 9:57 am

Still have issues with Cyborg CG. His face looks too smooth and plastic and sometimes seems to be "floating" amid the CG.

Aside from that, I'm liking what I'm seeing! Flash's jokes could still end up falling flat for me, but this one got a chuckle out of me. The exchange was funny and still about the personalities of those involved.

They're going full-on "Rocker" with Aquaman, which I think could really work, but for the first time I wondered if they might be overdoing it. Hopefully there will be much more to him than being a metal band mascot.

Both he and The Flash (and Bruce Wayne/Batman to some extent) are all being given somewhat new interpretations. Surprisingly, this doesn't bother me. Each still has a connection to some kind of interpretation that characters has seen before, so it still feels within the realm of "legit" and also plays to the strengths of the performer(hopefully), which I'm completely behind.

Lots of CG in general, but as long as they keep a character focus and tone that floats my boat that shouldn't be too much of an issue. We'll see, though!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Post  jorowi October 10th 2017, 11:32 am

I'll wait until it comes to Redbox. Looks too much like a video game.

Twitter
    Instagram
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings October 10th 2017, 5:39 pm

I don't think Barry will be too much of a problem for me. I love the look that Bruce and Dianna give each other as Barry rambles about the bat signal. It adds a note of realism to the scene. he's actually reminding me a lot of Tilly in Star Trek Discovery.

If anything, Aquaman looks like he might be enjoying himself a little too much for an end-of-the world battle, but we'll see. They pulled off a good balance with Wonder Woman, to please the "light-hearted masses' without loosing me. I'm sure they'll do it again

I loved the bit of Man of Steel music at the start of the trailer. I know they have a new composer for JL but hopefully there will be plenty of callbacks to Zimmer and JunkieXL's scores.

I still think that cape and foot belong to Supergirl. We'll see.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 2:00 pm