Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Treasure Hunting In Stores Vs. Ordering Online

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Treasure Hunting In Stores Vs. Ordering Online Empty Treasure Hunting In Stores Vs. Ordering Online

Post  Paeter August 24th 2017, 11:03 am

In the late 90's and early 2000's I used to love stopping by 2-3 stores on the way home from school to hunt for treasures. These were used book & entertainment shops. Sometimes I would spend hours pulling books from shelves and then find a quiet spot to read the first chapter of each in hopes of finding a new author. Other times I would comb through shelves of movies and video games to find a great bargain or risk trying out something because the price was right.

These days, I don't naturally have time in my schedule or travel routine to go "treasure-hunting" except now and then as a date activity with my wife. And I'm wondering if very many of these used entertainment stores will last much longer with amazon being such a fierce competitor.

Still, there's nothing like finding a treasure, looking it over in your hands, and then taking it home... that day. Enjoying it that night.

Which do you prefer? That feeling kind of like getting a present when your order arrives in the mail? Or the feeling of exploring and "looting" you can get from taking home a hidden treasure from a brick and mortar?

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Treasure Hunting In Stores Vs. Ordering Online Empty Re: Treasure Hunting In Stores Vs. Ordering Online

Post  Reed Benson August 24th 2017, 8:30 pm

I do like the Christmas-y feel of getting a package in the mail, but as far as "treasure hunting," I prefer going to stores and perusing the shelves. I used to go to Blockbuster, Movie Gallery, and other video rental stores looking for diamonds in the rough to either rent or buy. I did the same at used book stores; still would if I lived in the U.S. Heck, I even went to toy stores and Dollar General back looking for wrestling figures back when I collected those.

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 11:55 pm