Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

An Unusual Fear You Have?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

An Unusual Fear You Have? Empty An Unusual Fear You Have?

Post  Paeter September 8th 2017, 10:10 am

This morning I'll be going out to watch/review "It". Honestly, I'm not sure I'll enjoy it unless the characters are really good. Just not sure I'll be creeped out by the "scary clown" thing.

Anyone here get creeped out by clowns or anything else unusual/ironic?

MY ironic fear has historically been "eternity in heaven". Can't wrap my head around not getting bored of existing after a billion times 100 billion years. I've gotten better in recent years at just leaving that one up to God. But it still shows its ugly face now and then when I'm tired or otherwise with low defenses.

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

An Unusual Fear You Have? Empty Re: An Unusual Fear You Have?

Post  fxruizx September 8th 2017, 3:52 pm

My primary fear is being tortured, especially the type where they nurse you back to health just to torture you more.

Maybe a more realistic, though still improbable fear occurs when I am out with my wife, daughter, and or son, and they aren't really close to where I am, like I can see them, but they aren't in earshot. My fear is if I look away, that when I look back to where they were, they have disappeared - or more so if they turn around a corner and then I catch up to turn that same corner and they are just gone.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 13th 2017, 6:57 pm

Much like Lego Batman, my only fear is snake-clowns.

As a child, I was terrified that when my parents entered a grocery or department store, they were actually being fed to a giant meat grinder. Or that the Rapture had left me behind.

I'm about to have a whole new source of anxiety .... my daughter will soon be learning to drive.

Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson September 13th 2017, 11:52 pm

Not sure if all of these are unusual, but I think the first one is...

Growing up in Tornado Alley, I developed a fear of the wind in spite of never really encountering any significant tornadic activity until early high school. When I was little, I would freak out whenever I had to be outside on windy days, even if they were clear and sunny. I was seriously worried that I would get blown away from my family and friends. I remember crying and hugging my friend's mom's leg one time, thinking she would keep me on the ground.

Even today, there's still some holdover of this in my subconscious. I get anxious whenever the wind picks up during rainy or stormy weather.

Also, I remember being really scared of a lot of masks. I was utterly terrified of the Cryptkeeper from Tales From the Crypt, and when someone brought a mask of him to school, I quickly got a bathroom pass and hid there for I don't recall how long. I was also afraid of my friend's gorilla mask. Didn't want to be in the same room as that thing.

Nowadays, I have a somewhat irrational fear of food poisoning. I have actually been poisoned by food before, though, so there's some trauma there.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter September 14th 2017, 10:02 am

Reed Benson wrote:

Also, I remember being really scared of a lot of masks. I was utterly terrified of the Cryptkeeper from Tales From the Crypt, and when someone brought a mask of him to school, I quickly got a bathroom pass and hid there for I don't recall how long. I was also afraid of my friend's gorilla mask. Didn't want to be in the same room as that thing.

Oh yeah, dude. The rubber ones are the worst because they are just detailed enough for human eyes to finish the job and bring them to life. Seriously hate those "creepy old people" masks.

And Halloween is right around the corner!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 7:27 am