Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
fxruizx
Paeter
6 posters

Error Message Before Forum's Load?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Error Message Before Forum's Load? Empty Error Message Before Forum's Load?

Post  Paeter September 12th 2017, 3:13 pm

Anyone else see an error message before the forums load for you lately?

Ran into one twice today that lasted just a few seconds before the forums loaded.

www.spiritblade.com
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Error Message Before Forum's Load? Empty Re: Error Message Before Forum's Load?

Post  fxruizx September 12th 2017, 4:09 pm

yup happened to me too, though its happened every so often for me, for about a month+
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings September 12th 2017, 6:17 pm

Yes. Ever since I had that trouble with the login page, I've been seeing various dodginess happen on Christian Geek Central. The 404 on loading the forum happens every second day or so, then it auto-redirects to the forum.
    This morning, the main CGC home page failed to load the blog, instead gave a message "The blog post you are looking for does not exist".
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 13th 2017, 9:50 am

AdamCollings wrote:Yes. Ever since I had that  trouble with the login page, I've been seeing various dodginess happen on Christian Geek Central. The 404 on loading the forum happens every second day or so, then it auto-redirects to the forum.
    This morning, the main CGC home page failed to load the blog, instead gave a message "The blog post you are looking for does not exist".

Hmm. The forums and the main site are two different animals. Forum-motion hosts the forums and blogger is the engine for the site. So that may be coincidence.

Anyone else had errors with the main site, too?

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi September 13th 2017, 1:35 pm

Nope.

Twitter
    Instagram
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 13th 2017, 6:48 pm

This is growing pains with Forum-Motion, I'm afraid. They have been updating the jquery servers and adding more functionality for the paid sites. Some of the bugs are bleeding over into all of the sites. For now, if you are having problems accessing the forums, clear your browser cache, remove the cookie, and then log in again. I'll keep an eye on things, but we just have to ride it out. Our forums aren't really running any special scripts to be affected specifically by the changes.

Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson September 13th 2017, 11:32 pm

I've had a couple error messages for both the forum and the main site, but when I delete the stuff after the "/" at the end of the URL, it takes me to the right place. Haven't had these issues in the last couple weeks or so, though.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 14th 2017, 9:59 am

mindspike wrote:This is growing pains with Forum-Motion, I'm afraid. They have been updating the jquery servers and adding more functionality for the paid sites. Some of the bugs are bleeding over into all of the sites. For now, if you are having problems accessing the forums, clear your browser cache, remove the cookie, and then log in again. I'll keep an eye on things, but we just have to ride it out. Our forums aren't really running any special scripts to be affected specifically by the changes.

Thank you so much, Winston!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 5:53 am