Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+3
jorowi
fxruizx
ProtectTheAlphaWolf
7 posters

Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD

ProtectTheAlphaWolf
    ProtectTheAlphaWolf

Activity : 16
    Geek-Cred : 0

Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD Empty Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD

Post  ProtectTheAlphaWolf October 11th 2017, 10:50 am

Hey! As stated above, I'm new here and I'm a major teenage geek who loves science fiction, Star Wars, music, arts, anime, old video games, (and some indie ones), manga, comic books, Marvel (specifically X-Men), writing, movies in general, and all sorts of other random stuff that I do in my spare time!

I'm kind of a blogger, as I'm a curator on the Marvel Amino app, and I create a lot of Marvel-based blogs over there from time to time, when I'm not roleplaying as one of the many Marvel characters I've learned to play as, or doing schoolwork, which is much less fun XD

I'm very comfortable with talking with people both older and younger than I am; (I'm 17) as I have pretty much been the only one in my age group around me my whole life, lol. I love to write and read and play musical instruments, and my favorite form of watching movies is the good ol' VHS tape, of which I have a large collection of. XD

But yeah, this should be fun! I migrated here from the ChristianManga.com website, after it was announced the site was closing down! I'd love to see what comes of this, and I really hope I can find a new nitch where I can nerd out with all of my Christian friends again!
    fxruizx
    fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD Empty Re: Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD

Post  fxruizx October 11th 2017, 1:46 pm

Very Happy A big welcome to you PtAW (is there a shorthand for your handle you prefer?)!!!!
    I think you will find common ground with a lot of the people in here given your interests, and on that note what was the last movie you saw and the last video game you played (those are among my interests Very Happy) BTW good on you for continuing to give VHS some love.

Also I have heard of aminos now i a couple different circles - would you be able to give a brief description of those? It sounds kinda like Tumblrs but for specific fandoms, but I could be way off.

Had not heard of christianmanga but sorry to hear that they are closing shop, glad you made it over here though!
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD Empty Re: Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD

Post  jorowi October 11th 2017, 1:55 pm

Welcome! It's good to see some young people here. Looking forward to chatting! Cool kids still use GIFs, right?

Hello! My name is ProtectTheAlphaWolf, and I am new! XD Giphy

BTW, it would be cool if you reached out to the community at christianmanga.com and shared this forum with them. We welcome Christian geeks and nerds from all genres and interests.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 12th 2017, 9:38 am

ProtectTheAlphaWolf wrote: I create a lot of Marvel-based blogs over there from time to time, when I'm not roleplaying as one of the many Marvel characters I've learned to play as

Are you taking about Paper and Pencil role-playing? If so, what system do you use?

ProtectTheAlphaWolf wrote:
    I'm very comfortable with talking with people both older and younger than I am

That's one thing I've always enjoyed about geek hobbies. Both gray hairs and cracking voices disappear when you're at the gaming table or otherwise nerding out.

I migrated here from the ChristianManga.com website, after it was announced the site was closing down! I'd love to see what comes of this, and I really hope I can find a new nitch where I can nerd out with all of my Christian friends again!

Yeah, I'd love to meet them! Please let them know they have a home here if they want one!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings October 12th 2017, 9:58 pm

Hi ProtectTheAlphaWolf

Cool to see that one of your interests is writing. There are a number of us here who write.

Hope you feel right at home here, and don't forget to check out Paeter's weekly podcast on the CGC home page.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson October 13th 2017, 4:41 am

Welcome, Alpha Wolf! Don't be a stranger! The more voices around here, the merrier!
    ProtectTheAlphaWolf
    ProtectTheAlphaWolf

Post  ProtectTheAlphaWolf October 13th 2017, 10:33 am

Oh, gosh, thank you for the warm welcome! The last movie I watched was actually the Christian movie, "I Am Not Ashamed". I was impressed, but I have mixed feelings on it XD Last video game was Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. It's great, and I ordered it for Xbox for less than $5!

Yeah, I do a bit of pencil and paper roleplaying, but since I'm kind of alone at home with my two little brothers, we don't do it often (at all! XD) Instead, I mostly just do online roleplaying, where there are few rules other than to reply with a post to the last person's action. It's a little difficult at times, but we keep several chats to keep everyone on one plotline; in the end it kind of comes out as a (poorly written albeit, lol) book.

As far as pencil and paper, I use the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire system, though I've dabbled with the RWBY Unofficial Tabletop RPG, the original Star Wars Roleplaying Game, and the Shotguns and Zombies free roleplay system you can download from their site.

As for gifs, yeah, I use way to many XD

And as for Amino, it's an app that you can create a community for literally anything on. Everyone has the ability to make their own community, and it's 100% free. Not sure what the catch is on that yet, but there are no ads so far! Anyway, there are some mega communities and then there are smaller, close-knit ones, that tend to be the less popular fandoms, like Planet of the Apes, for example. I'm in a few; they are basically fandom-themed Facebooks where you can do quizzes, read blogs, chat in live chatrooms and create your own chatrooms to roleplay in, discuss topics and have voice chats. I'm more of a roleplayer myself, so I host a Marvel-themed High School roleplay based on the app "Avengers Academy." It's been going for a couple months now, and I play Doctor Strange (as a teacher), Scott Lang (again, as a teacher), Longshot and Frank Castle (both as students! Lol)

It's a lot of fun, and there's clubs as well, so basically, there's just something for everyone there, whether you like quizzes, drawing, polls, it's all there! That's my best description, lol. I sound like a freaking television ad X'D
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 13th 2017, 12:14 pm

ProtectTheAlphaWolf wrote:Oh, gosh, thank you for the warm welcome! The last movie I watched was actually the Christian movie, "I Am Not Ashamed". I was impressed, but I have mixed feelings on it XD Last video game was Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. It's great, and I ordered it for Xbox for less than $5!

Sweet! That's been on my bucket list to come back to! For some reason I lost interest in it back in the day, but I've seen it really cheap for PC and heard the fan mods/updates improve the game quite a bit. Did you finish the game and feel like it was still a good experience on Xbox?

www.spiritblade.com
    ProtectTheAlphaWolf
    ProtectTheAlphaWolf

Post  ProtectTheAlphaWolf November 1st 2017, 9:41 am

Paeter wrote: Did you finish the game and feel like it was still a good experience on Xbox?

I haven't, since I have all my homeschool and other stuff during the week to get done. I only play on weekends. :/

However, I have gotten through a good chunk of it, and while it has glitches (constantly), the storyline is actually really engrossing and surprisingly deeper than the previous game. It has a slightly annoying crafting system though, where you can dismantle things you don't want to make upgrades for your armor and weapons and such. Very complicated, but for people who like that sort of thing, you'll love it. As far as graphics, they're actually pretty decent coming from a game from 2003.

But yeah, the story is really good, and several times I was completely shocked by plot twists, which is odd to find in most games! It is a little spiritually murky, though.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike November 1st 2017, 11:18 am

Welcome to the forum. We don't get a lot of manga chat so I'm really looking forward to your views. Don't mind us old farts, just .... open a window ....

Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter November 2nd 2017, 11:53 am

It has a slightly annoying crafting system though, where you can dismantle things you don't want to make upgrades for your armor and weapons and such. Very complicated, but for people who like that sort of thing, you'll love it.

But yeah, the story is really good, and several times I was completely shocked by plot twists, which is odd to find in most games! It is a little spiritually murky, though.

Well I love me some crafting! I like the idea of a game story surprising me, too! And Star Wars has always been a bit "spiritually murky" (great word choice). Good for keeping my discernment muscles working!

Man, if I hadn't just picked up a few games for Extra-Life already I'd be tempted to go grab this one right now! Although I'm betting Gog.com will have it discounted soon in a winter sale.

How is home schooling going? You in your junior year? Senior? It must be nice to have flexibility in the pace of learning different subjects!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 11:14 am