Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

That Star Wars Game Isn't Happening Now

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

That Star Wars Game Isn't Happening Now Empty That Star Wars Game Isn't Happening Now

Post  Paeter October 18th 2017, 9:07 am

Here's the story-

https://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-visceral-games-1819623990

Speculation is that it is going from a story driven single-player game to a pseudo-MMO like Destiny.

How does that sound to you gamer Star Wars fans?

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

That Star Wars Game Isn't Happening Now Empty Re: That Star Wars Game Isn't Happening Now

Post  mindspike October 18th 2017, 10:47 am

How in touch am I with modern games? I don't even know what some of those words mean!! LOL

fxruizx

Activity : 169
    Geek-Cred : 1

That Star Wars Game Isn't Happening Now Empty Re: That Star Wars Game Isn't Happening Now

Post  fxruizx October 18th 2017, 12:25 pm

Never played the Star Wars MMOs, but I think they all failed, so maybe this one will do the trick, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 19th 2017, 9:57 am

fxruizx wrote:Never played the Star Wars MMOs, but I think they all failed, so maybe this one will do the trick, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Yeah, I don't seeing it be a true MMO, but more like The Division or Destiny, which from what I understand are heavily multiplayer focused, but not in the same way as traditional MMO ("Massively Multiplayer Online", Winston) game like World Of Warcraft, etc.

The reactions I've been hearing (and jadedly agreeing with) is that EA is just doing what EA does, trimming away potentially risky creative elements in favor of a focus-group tested, box checking approach that, statistically and on paper, will be "the game that gamers want".

"Single player story driven? Where's the money in that? Let's take it multi-player. No wait, MASSIVELY multiplayer! With DLC. And microtransactions! Arm the photon-microtransactions and prepare to fire!"

... I think my morning caffeine is kicking in.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi October 19th 2017, 10:19 am

The only Star Wars game I've played were the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. Nothing will top them.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406

Post  Reed Benson October 20th 2017, 3:22 am

Man, I'm still stuck at "hoping I can play LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens someday."
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 20th 2017, 10:04 am

jorowi wrote:The only Star Wars game I've played were the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. Nothing will top them.

I think the new Star Wars Battlefront features space combat. That entice you at all, or do you not do much gaming these days?

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 20th 2017, 10:05 am

Reed Benson wrote:Man, I'm still stuck at "hoping I can play LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens someday."

Can you not get it in China?

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi October 20th 2017, 2:04 pm

Paeter wrote:I think the new Star Wars Battlefront features space combat. That entice you at all, or do you not do much gaming these days?

Most of my gaming is casual. I can't sink dozens of hours into a game.

Twitter
    Instagram
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike October 21st 2017, 1:56 pm

jorowi wrote:Most of my gaming is casual. I can't sink dozens of hours into a game.

I'm on board here. The most video game time I get these days is playing Pokemon Go during dedicated walking time with my wife. Other than that, its just a few minutes here and there while I'm in between other demands. Mostly iPhone games likes Sonic Dash, Hive, or Ticket to Ride. For a while I was playing Pathfinder Card Game but it started to take up too much time...

Reed Benson

Post  Reed Benson October 21st 2017, 9:29 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Reed Benson wrote:Man, I'm still stuck at "hoping I can play LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens someday."

I probably could, but it would cost a lot for the console and the game. I'm more thinking along the lines of, "I hope I can be in a situation where someone else has the game and lets me play it."

I guess I could get it on my MacBook from the Apple Store, but again, it's kind of pricey for someone making Chinese money.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 23rd 2017, 12:24 pm

Reed Benson wrote:
    Paeter wrote:

I probably could, but it would cost a lot for the console and the game. I'm more thinking along the lines of, "I hope I can be in a situation where someone else has the game and lets me play it."

I guess I could get it on my MacBook from the Apple Store, but again, it's kind of pricey for someone making Chinese money.

Gotcha. For some reason I was thinking that China was really strong in the global economy. Maybe that's not the case or doesn't translate to an individual's income over there.

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Post  Reed Benson October 24th 2017, 7:41 am

Paeter wrote:
    Reed Benson wrote:
    Paeter wrote:

Gotcha. For some reason I was thinking that China was really strong in the global economy. Maybe that's not the case or doesn't translate to an individual's income over there.

They're stronger than they used to be, but it's still 6.6 RMB to the dollar right now, and I don't make as high a salary as a lot of expats because I don't have a lot of classes right now. And I'm really stingy.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 24th 2017, 9:03 am

Reed Benson wrote: it's still 6.6 RMB to the dollar right now, and I don't make as high a salary as a lot of expats because I don't have a lot of classes right now. And I'm really stingy.

Well if you're looking for some free options you can always dig through the archives at summeroffree.com. I feel like the free entertainment options have been getting better every year!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 8:08 pm