Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What's the most time you gave to a game before giving up?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

What's the most time you gave to a game before giving up? Empty What's the most time you gave to a game before giving up?

Post  Paeter October 18th 2017, 9:10 am

Playing "Elex" right now. Will be editing the Trial & Error reviewing and uploading it tomorrow if all goes well.

I'm having some problems with it. But I bought it digitally, so I'm stuck with it.

I have reason to hope that around 10 hours in it will get better for me. That's at least 4 hours away right now. Normally, I don't given games more than 5 if they can't hook me.

So what is the most time you've given to a game before giving up on it? Have you ever played through a game, finish it, and WISH you would have given up on it earlier?

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

What's the most time you gave to a game before giving up? Empty Re: What's the most time you gave to a game before giving up?

Post  mindspike October 18th 2017, 10:46 am

I played about 6 hours of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. I haven't really "given up" on the game, but I haven't found the time to play in long time.

AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

What's the most time you gave to a game before giving up? Empty Re: What's the most time you gave to a game before giving up?

Post  AdamCollings October 18th 2017, 5:18 pm

One of the first games we got with our PS3 was Tron Legacy. I played it up to a certain point (still in the tutorial phase) and there was a particular wall that I just couldn't climb up. I spent an entire night trying to climb this wall, and got so frustrated I had to go for a walk.
    6 - 12 months later, I gave it another try. I played from the beginning, and once again, reached the same point and just couldn't get up that wall. I looked at walkthroughs on the internet. They just effortlessly did it. It wasn't even a moment worthy of discussing.
    I doubt I'll ever go back to it at this point.

I played through 95% of Star Wars The Force Unleashed II. Then I spent an entire afternoon trying to get through a 'platform jumping' section. I'd occasionally make some progress, then I'd fall down to the bottom, and it would take me another 20 tries to get back to where I was, and then I'd fail again.
    I might come back and give this another go some day, but right now, life is too short. Pretty sad considering how much time I invested to reach that point.

I played Batman Arkum Asylum right up to the final boss fight, which I couldn't get past. I tried again a year or two later (just recently in fact) and managed to get through it.

So, I'm not one that tends to give up on a game unless it becomes truly impossible for me to proceed. But once I reach that point I become very disheartened and will take a long time before I attempt it again.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 19th 2017, 10:03 am

AdamCollings wrote: I looked at walkthroughs on the internet. They just effortlessly did it. It wasn't even a moment worthy of discussing.

Holy crap I HATE it when that happens!

AdamCollings wrote:
    I played through 95% of Star Wars The Force Unleashed II. Then I spent an entire afternoon trying to get through a 'platform jumping' section. I'd occasionally make some progress, then I'd fall down to the bottom, and it would take me another 20 tries to get back to where I was, and then I'd fail again.

Dude, I HATE it when games change up the gameplay style at some point just to "ramp up difficulty" or something. The same platforming crap made it too frustrating for me to finish the original God Of War. I'm just thinking "Guys. This is a different game you are suddenly asking me to play. This isn't the type of game I was sold! If I wanted to play THIS kind of game, I'd go and buy it!"

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi October 19th 2017, 10:14 am

I stopped playing Portal after about 30 hours.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 20th 2017, 10:11 am

jorowi wrote:I stopped playing Portal after about 30 hours.

lol!

So... did you finish it,and that's when you stopped?

Or did you not finish and had just finally had enough of those stinking puzzles?

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi October 20th 2017, 2:20 pm

I finished it.

Twitter
    Instagram

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 12:32 am