Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Black Lightning

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Black Lightning Empty Black Lightning

Post  AdamCollings January 25th 2018, 1:54 am

So I watched the first episode of Black Lightning the other night. It was banded as a Netflix Original, but pretty sure it's essentially CW.
    It felt very un-CW. Serious tone throughout. Felt grounded in reality (apart from the superpower, obviously). There was no "cw-ish relationship" stuff. The drama is centered around a middle-aged man who is a father and school principle. The emotional drive of the story is the man's desire to protect his children, and make a world that is safe for them (something I can certain connect with as a dad) He does have an ex-wife, who he hopes to re-connect with, which may lead to some angst in future, but for now it's looking like a distinctly different kind of show.

I'd say it's theoretically set in the Arrowverse. There was a brief mention that other cities have superheroes, but name mention of Green Arrow or Flash by name.

Well worth a look. It's possible even Peater might like it. anyway, I'm interested to see where it goes as it continues.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Black Lightning Empty Re: Black Lightning

Post  Paeter January 25th 2018, 10:04 am

Cool! That sounds like it has some real potential! If you decide to write or record a review I'd love to share it on the podcast!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings January 25th 2018, 5:26 pm

Sounds like fun. Another episode comes in a couple of days so might put something together after that.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson January 25th 2018, 8:01 pm

Since I have to use a VPN to access pretty much anything of worth, I can get on Netflix from pretty much anywhere. I noticed Black Lightning was being listed as a Netflix Original in Taiwan and stuff. I haven't been interested in TV shows as a medium in a while, but I might have to find time to check this out if they're doing away with the relationship aspects.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 6:32 am