Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

A contest where you hope to finish second?

Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

A contest where you hope to finish second? Empty A contest where you hope to finish second?

Post  Reed Benson February 26th 2018, 8:05 pm

I think this is kind of funny. Geek movie website Screen Rant linked to a contest the Academy Awards is putting on where contestants try to guess the winners of this year's Academy Awards. The funny part the second-place prize is probably more appealing to people than the grand prize is.

The player who finishes first wins a three-day trip for two to L.A. for next year's Oscars, but they don't get to actually attend the event. Instead, they get to sit in the bleachers outside and watch the stars enter on the red carpet. That might be fun for some people, but compare that to second place...

The first runner-up wins a three-day trip for two to L.A. for this year's Avengers: Infinity War premiere! Not only do they (presumedly) get to watch famous people enter the theater, but they actually get to go in and see the movie, too!

So how do you approach a game where you're shooting for second best?

https://screenrant.com/oscar-challenge-2018-avengers-infinity-war-premiere-prize/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

A contest where you hope to finish second? Empty Re: A contest where you hope to finish second?

Post  Paeter February 27th 2018, 9:55 am

Reed Benson wrote:

So how do you approach a game where you're shooting for second best?

Well for the Oscars, I'd choose half of the awards to go to who I think SHOULD win and the other half I'd use my jaded alter-ego that began boycotting the Oscars over a decade ago to vote for the undeserving movies that will ACTUALLY win.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 4:16 pm