Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Aliens or An Invisible Friend?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Aliens or An Invisible Friend? Empty Aliens or An Invisible Friend?

Post  Paeter March 20th 2018, 9:01 am

Time for more "Zobmondo"!

Rules recap:

1. You must choose one or the other. Comments that choose some form of "neither" are invalid.

2. You can't doctor-up the situation to make it easier for yourself. No drowning that bowl of crickets in ketchup before eating them. No resolving to have that ugly growth removed. No having paramedics or anti-venom ready on standby. You have to live with your choice, As It Is Written.

You ARE, however, encouraged to explain why your choice would be less difficult for you than the alternative.

Today's choice:

Would you rather have regular encounters with aliens and not have any proof, or have your best friend be invisible?

I think I might go insane without proof of the aliens to share with anyone. And although I would still live a paranoid life, seeking to remain in my invisible friend's good graces (yikes!), at least there is the possibility of proving his existence. And assuming he REMAINS my best friend, as the text seems to assume, there could be some great benefits!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Aliens or An Invisible Friend? Empty Re: Aliens or An Invisible Friend?

Post  jorowi March 20th 2018, 10:25 am

I'll go with the invisible friend too. The possibility of being the ultimate prankster is too tempting!

Twitter
    Instagram
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings March 20th 2018, 8:17 pm

Hmm.

As a sci-fi fan, it's hard to turn down the contact with aliens option. The inability to prove their existence would certainly be a challenge, and could theoretically lead to psychological problems, but really, how different is it from our relationship with God? We can't prove that to others either. My biggest fear with this would be that I might start questioning my sanity. Are the aliens real? Or do I have schizophrenia? That's a place I don't want to go!

On the other hand, I'm an introverted shy geek. A lot of my social interactions are more comfortable online anyway. And while I don't like to categorise my friends as "best" (it seems disrespectful to others) the person that comes to mind was my best man. How would our friendship change if he was invisible? Probably not in any great way (though I'd feel sorry for him, as it would have a huge impact on his life). It would mean his wife and child would never see his face again, and that would be tragic.

If I'm really honest, the fear of questioning my sanity would probably lead me to take the selfish route and make my friend invisible. I hope he forgives me  Shocked
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 21st 2018, 8:30 am

AdamCollings wrote:

If I'm really honest, the fear of questioning my sanity would probably lead me to take the selfish route and make my friend invisible. I hope he forgives me  Shocked

LOL of the morning!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson March 21st 2018, 6:09 pm

I think I'd have to choose the aliens. I think my best friend would prefer to not be invisible, and maybe the aliens would be interesting to talk to, even if I can't prove that they exist to anyone else.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 22nd 2018, 9:03 am

This shows how selfish I am. Two of you now have taken your friend's feelings into consideration. Not me! Sorry, invisible friend!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 12th 2024, 8:38 pm