Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character? Empty Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character?

Post  Paeter September 5th 2018, 9:13 am

Whether its their cool powers, their personality, or anything else that made them fun to play, who would you say is your favorite video game character of all time?

I'd have to go with Vincent Craft, which is a bit of a cheat, since he isn't a pre-made character in a game. That's what I named my protagonist in games for years before switching to Elderast (my new favorite, but not a versatile in personality).

Vincent can be the hero, or make villainous choices. Whatever suits his goals. He allows me to make a mix of "good" and "evil" choices, playing the tragic anti-hero or the pragmatic mercenary. Always good times in Tamriel.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character? Empty Re: Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character?

Post  AdamCollings September 5th 2018, 6:17 pm

While I'll admit that nostalgia is a big factor here, I think I'd have to say King Graham of Daventry. He exemplifies heroism, bravery, and the ideals of being a good king.  He loves his people and isn't afraid to put himself at risk for the needs of others, which reminds me of Jesus' example of servant leadership.

(Plus, he started out as an underdog and a bit of a nerd, so one can't help but identify with him.)

Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character? Evolut10
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character? Empty Re: Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character?

Post  Paeter September 6th 2018, 9:02 am

That's a really cool image!

Didn't they do a recent remake/reboot of King's Quest or something?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings September 6th 2018, 6:54 pm

Yes. Activision did a soft-reboot in 2015 (which is not pictured in the image above).

Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character? 10351_10
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed September 6th 2018, 10:33 pm

At one point, I probably would have said Sonic the Hedgehog. But the more I think about it, I think I like Fox McCloud from the Star Fox series. He's calm, cool, and collected (or at least has the face for it) under pressure, and he's kind of like a space cop. I like space cops. Some of his supporting cast annoy me, but he's always been fun to play as.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 10th 2018, 11:37 am

If we're just drawing from video games, I haven't got a lot of attachment to characters. I love quite a lot of the secondary media about Sonic, Mega Man, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon....

I had to look up the character's name, but my pick is Nick Scryer, the main character from Psi-Ops: the Mindgate Conspiracy. I wound up making a version of this character in every pen and paper RPG I had at the time. Way cool psychic powers and black ops training. Lots of different ways to make this character in games. Spent a lot of time doing it.

Who Is Your Favorite Video Game Character? 220px-Psi-Ops_-_The_Mindgate_Conspiracy_Coverart

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 2:02 am