Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Hereditary (To Review Or Not To Review)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Hereditary (To Review Or Not To Review) Empty Hereditary (To Review Or Not To Review)

Post  Paeter September 18th 2018, 9:30 am

Just watched "Hereditary" last night. Didn't review it in theaters because the story was kept under wraps in the trailers and it wasn't clear whether or not it was a supernatural flick or a psychological horror movie. Definitely supernatural, and heavily researched to mirror elements of real-world occult practices and beliefs.

It would be hard to recommend to most Christian viewers, even fans of horror. It's unsettling, but not in a Lovecraft, fear of the unknown kind of way as much as unsettling for the realities (both spiritual and otherwise) it represents.

Superbly acted. Really atmospheric and some very unsettling moments. Not about jump scares at all. It's about getting under your skin. Normally love that. Here it was often a sad reminder of what some people really pursue in the world of the occult.

I don't know. Maybe I'll make some notes today and use them for an uncut review next week when I'll need something anyway. Maybe the complexity of my feelings about it will make for a good review.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Hereditary (To Review Or Not To Review) Empty Re: Hereditary (To Review Or Not To Review)

Post  jorowi September 20th 2018, 10:04 am

Go with the complexity of your feelings. For another Christian perspective you may want to read this review by JR Forasteros:

https://thinkchristian.reframemedia.com/hereditary-and-family-demons

Twitter
    Instagram

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 12:18 am