Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What Hobby You Love Would You Hate To Do For A Living?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Hobby You Love Would You Hate To Do For A Living? Empty What Hobby You Love Would You Hate To Do For A Living?

Post  Paeter September 27th 2018, 8:50 am

Doing something different this week and playing through a game entirely to do my review of it. Only a 10 hour game, so twice the play time I'd put into a Trial And Error review, but the pressure of having to FINISH the game (I've gotten stuck a couple times with no online guides in existence yet) and finish it under a tight schedule is something I wouldn't want to do again.

As work, I can't complain, obviously. But given the choice between enjoying it as a hobby or enjoying it in a work context, I'd prefer keeping it as a hobby.

Can you think of any hobby you enjoy that you might enjoy less if it was also somehow "work"? What could potentially suck some fun out of it?

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

What Hobby You Love Would You Hate To Do For A Living? Empty Re: What Hobby You Love Would You Hate To Do For A Living?

Post  mindspike September 27th 2018, 1:02 pm

The part of my hobbies that I enjoy is the fact that I get to do them on my own timetable. Anything that requires me to punch someone else's clock is going to automatically move it from "fun" to "work".

AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

What Hobby You Love Would You Hate To Do For A Living? Empty Re: What Hobby You Love Would You Hate To Do For A Living?

Post  AdamCollings September 27th 2018, 6:24 pm

mindspike wrote:The part of my hobbies that I enjoy is the fact that I get to do them on my own timetable. Anything that requires me to punch someone else's clock is going to automatically move it from "fun" to "work".

I hear you on that. All of my hobbies have that work component. Books must be finished because I have readers screaming for sequels (well, two or three readers haha, but they're screaming)
    And my youTube videos are produced on a schedule. Monthly bulletins. Weekly vlogs.

About the only hobbies I have left that haven't become work are reading and watching TV, and there are even times when both of them can cross over into work territory. lol
    Well, I guess there's gaming, but I don't do that very often these days.

And I don't get paid for any of it Wink
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi October 2nd 2018, 9:45 am

I'd really hate to be an professional assassin. Multiple passports, lots of cash to manage, aliases to keep straight. Oh, wait…

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 2nd 2018, 11:45 am

jorowi wrote:I'd really hate to be an professional assassin. Multiple passports, lots of cash to manage, aliases to keep straight. Oh, wait…

Just do that for fun right now, do you?

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi October 2nd 2018, 1:06 pm

Paeter wrote:Just do that for fun right now, do you?

It's a side-hustle. What's your address?

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 4th 2018, 9:39 am

jorowi wrote:
    Paeter wrote:Just do that for fun right now, do you?

It's a side-hustle. What's your address?

Lol of the morning! Thank you!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 6:11 am