Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Am I reading this right?

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Am I reading this right? Empty Am I reading this right?

Post  Rickster November 20th 2010, 5:23 am

I was at Christianbook.com and I ws reading these reviews on the Nativity Story and I came across this one

I'm sorry - but this movie is simply not appropriate for family viewing. Unwed pregnant teenager in an arranged marriage?! There is very little left to say concerning a story that should never have been successful from the support of Christians. How do believers accept false teachings? Some are so gullible it's easy to see why we have abortion and homosexuality in our nation. We expect New Age stuff in Europe on the level of this story, but it's sad to see it filtering into the US Christian market.

Is the person complaining about Mary being a unwed pregnant Teen? Um have they read the Bible? She was a virgin she had to be unwed. Or any I just reading this review wrong?
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Am I reading this right? Empty Re: Am I reading this right?

Post  WhiteBoy November 20th 2010, 10:41 am

Uh...I'm thinking the person is making a joke. Though, expanding on it to bring in New Age stuff, etc....kinda makes ya wonder.

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 8:49 am