Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Caffeine, The Double-Edged Sword

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Caffeine, The Double-Edged Sword Empty Caffeine, The Double-Edged Sword

Post  Paeter June 10th 2020, 11:04 am

Man, caffeine can make me feel unsettled at times, but lots of other times it totally gives me unrealistically positive expectations for my day!

Ever have that morning caffeine and think, "Man, I'm gonna do this and this and this today, and I'm gonna love it and it's gonna go great!"

Specifically at times I'll think, "When I'm done with work I'm SO gonna play that one game again. It was getting a bit stale before but now I remember how cool it could be!" And then 10 hours later when the caffeine has long since worn off and I've exerted my brain all day, I stare at my playstation menu and think, "Man, none of these games look fun right now."

Well, guess I better get my shower and start the day before this caffeine high wears off!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Caffeine, The Double-Edged Sword Empty Re: Caffeine, The Double-Edged Sword

Post  AdamCollings June 10th 2020, 6:15 pm

I don't tend to consume caffiene but I have had these feelings to a lesser extent. You get exited about the things you're gonna do after work but by the end of the day, your brain is fried from work and you just don't have the mental capacity for writing or even playing a video game.

People are actually very suprised that I'm 20 years into a computer programming career and I don't drink coffee. I just hate the taste of the stuff. I could try tablets like you, but I'd wanna do some research of my own before starting up a "drug habbit" LOL. I guess I've never felt the need, but maybe I don't know what I'm missing.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 11th 2020, 2:10 pm

AdamCollings wrote: I could try tablets like you, but I'd wanna do some research of my own before starting up a "drug habbit" LOL.

LOL! Very wise! Let me know if you do that research and see any red flags!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 12:32 pm