Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Moon Knight Trailer

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Moon Knight Trailer Empty Moon Knight Trailer

Post  AdamCollings January 18th 2022, 9:49 pm

I've never heard of Moon Knight before, but then, with the exception of Spider Man and Hulk, that's true of every single Marvel characcter, before their MCU movies came out.

Anyway, I thought I'd check out the trailer. Why not.

This is not at all what I was expecting from Marvel.

Interesting..........

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Moon Knight Trailer Empty Re: Moon Knight Trailer

Post  Paeter January 19th 2022, 7:07 pm

Freaking....yes...please...

THIS is how Marvel can make me care about 4th-tier, c-list, nobody's heard of them characters. (Although I have heard of Moon Knight and seem to remember their being something psychological about him.) Change up the tone when the concept/source material calls for it. And when the characters are not already household names, lean HEAVY into making them fascinating as PEOPLE. (And honestly I'm not surprised they go that route here. Oscar Isaacs is a real quality actor who I'd imagine after being wasted in Star Wars would only be attracted to a truly substantial role.

Eternals could have been filled with an interesting ensemble cast explored over multiple episodes of a streaming series. Eternals, for my money, could and should have been THIS!

I can only hope that this represents a course correction, or that people will respond positively enough that Disney takes cues from this in future projects.

Granted, all this enthusiasm from me is based on a trailer. So stamp a big "we'll see" on it until we see!

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike January 20th 2022, 12:03 pm

I read Marc Spector: Moon Knight back in the 90s and I liked it. I don't know much about what they have done with the character recently. He had an unimportant role in Conan: Serpent War, but I haven't kept up with the character. It does look like they are leaning into the multiple personality disorder aspect. I'm really fascinated to see what they decide to do with Khonshu - the god who empowers Moon Knight - and who at one time was considered to be actually a figment of Marc's fractured mind.

Looking forward to this.

AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed January 29th 2022, 10:11 am

I'd totally watch that if it were a movie. Series are harder for me because they require long-term commitment that I don't have time for. Maybe I could watch an episode each time my daughter takes a nap.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter January 31st 2022, 9:00 pm

AGoodReed wrote:I'd totally watch that if it were a movie. Series are harder for me because they require long-term commitment that I don't have time for. Maybe I could watch an episode each time my daughter takes a nap.

I remember finding creative rhythms of geeking out like that. Ya do what you gotta do when the monkey's on your back!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 11:17 pm